I need help with a photo question

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

I need help with a photo question

Unread post by CAT345C »

I do not know how many people read The Railroad Press, but its a tri monthly magazine focused on the photography, with excellent photos! On Page 59 in the picture area, their is a black and white photo fo Chessie 2101 going away at Wixom. The caption reads- "Ahhh, the '70's.. polka dots and striped steam locomotives....then it reads Wixom is located northwest of Detroit where the former Pere Marquette Railway (CSX Saginaw Sub) crosses the old Michigan Airline Railway (Grand Trunk) Jackson to Richmond line. Photo by Robert N. Babbish." The date was July 12 1977
Now my only concern is that there is a farm feild and trees and only one track, Wixom had homes, and a elevator on the only single track portion then the North Siding, and Korexx are right at the diamond. I had thought that the Ford Plant was built in the 1950s or at least before 1977, and and the north Siding is in a photograph at a local meijer store dating back to the 1950s. So my only other clue or guess is maybe they put the train on the GTW? to go to South Lyon and then off to Lansing and GR, or the caption is wrong, or the Historical Society got the caption for the photo in Meijer worng. Any body seen this neat photo?
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e