Some Cool Old Photo's

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
A No.1
To Portland

Some Cool Old Photo's

Unread post by A No.1 »

Mark it Zero.

Todd Cline
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Some Cool Old Photo's

Unread post by Todd Cline »

Wow, never seen carpet like that... "BURLINGTON ROUTE" Spelled out in the carpet of the aisle in the diner.. I'd like to see Amtrak try to top that!... Not to mention the fruit baskets, flowers, etc... That is some real CLASS!

Todd

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

I dont think amtrak tryes to go for the High End. They have to try to stay in buisness.
Mark it Zero.

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

Aaron,

Being a WWII child I remember the days of being sent to my uncle's farm in Ovid so my mom could have some free time. In part, that makes me a 'farm kid' of the forties and fifties. She would put me on the train at Pontiac and tell the conductor I was to get off at Owosso where my aunt would pick me up. Those were the fun days of my childhood.

What I don't remember is the Annie tracks on the east side of the Durand depot. I know they were taken up some time after I made those trips, and I would like to see more photos of the depot in that era. I can still see the old ROW of the Annie,, and have confirmed that through a friend who works for CN. It would be nice to see pictures of the DUIS from that era.
Norm