Mr. Tops...

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
Ben Higdon
Railroadfan...fan

Mr. Tops...

Unread post by Ben Higdon »

I was going through some old train stuff I got from my mom's house recently and amongst some printouts of message board banter and info were a few snippets from you in 2002 about Muskegon (I put a post on the Michigan Railroads history board a few days ago but I don't know if you keep up on that one). Now that I'm more familiar with Muskegon and have a better frame of referance, I have some questions about it!
-You mentioned PC served Steel Fabricators, what was this company and where was it located in Muskegon?
-"They also would occasionally spot a lumber car at Keene Lumber on the GTW line." :shock: I didn't know PC had rights over some of the GTW's former MR&N and TS&M track...what other work did PC/Pennsy do on these lines?
-Back in the day, Dana received "several cars per day, including boxcars." I know they got foundry sand there, but any idea what all that traffic would have consisted of?

I'd love to hear any other anecdotes about what the operations were in Muskegon before GTW pulled out in 87!

Thanks,
Ben