Old C&O/Chessie System Info Part #1

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Old C&O/Chessie System Info Part #1

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

This really is not a question, but mabey a answer. (Zack mabey we should re name this section historical ? (stuff)).

From C&O Historical Newsletter, by way of David BruinSlot, of Flint, Mi.
July of 1981

Bad Axe is home to one local crew. It runs south to Croswell, Monday-Wednesday-Friday, with side trip from Palms to Harbor Beach, about 18 miles. Then they run back to Bad Axe on Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday, with side trip's from Poland to Sandusky, about 7 miles, and from Bad Axe to Port auston, about 16 miles.

Saginaw to Bad Axe, has locals 803 & 806, run in each direction dailly.

There are agents at Sebawaing, Elkton and, Bad Axe, witch has two, a regular and a traveling one. Also a traveling agent, at Croswell, that covers Deckerville, McGregor, Sandusky, Carsonville, and Applegate, along with Avoca, Brown City, Yale, and Melvin, on the Pt. Huron Sub.

Pt. Huron has three yard crews, six days a week, working two shifts. A Wednesday yard crew, doubles both shifts.

Also a local from Saginaw, to Pt. Huron, that goes to Pt. Huron, on Monday-Wednesday-Friday, and back to Saginaw, on Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday.

Also on the Pt. Huron Sub, you have one regular freight daily in each direction, they are PH77 (Pt. Huron 77) who runs Toledo, to Pt. Huron, via Saginaw, who leaves Saginaw at 11:30 PM, and arrives Pt. Huron, at 3:30 AM. Also SA37 (Saginaw 37), westbound, leaving Pt. Huron at 9:30 AM and arriving in Saginaw, at 1:00 PM.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

GTW 4914
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTW 4914 »

Can somebody tell me possibly when the last train to grand rapids ran from saginaw on chessie system. on the old terkey trail thanks.

GTW 4914
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTW 4914 »

Perhaps i should be more specific i mean the old saginaw sub of chessie system from grand rapids, via paines and hemlock.