Queston

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Queston

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Seeing as how I am new and dumb, to this digital thing, any Ideas on why there are these funny lines going through the photo below? I thought mabe because I zoomed in, but they also apear, in photos where I did not.

https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

Did ya take the wrapper off?

I dont know what caused that but where did you see tha locomotive at?

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Do you have a photo quality setting on your camera Matt?
If you do shoot with your highest quality setting SHQ or HQ just remember the higher the quality the less pictures you can take per card

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Yes I did take the wraper off! :lol:
And I do have it on its higest settings, I did that caus I rember you guys talking about it. And seince it is still a back up, and for quick grab shots, at work and stuff, I dont worry about how many photos are on it. I also got a 64mb card, so all told should hold 36 or so pics. enough to get me through two days work.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

almost looks like some sort of watermark for copywriting...not really sure though...
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

sd70accsxt700 wrote:Yes I did take the wraper off! :lol:
And I do have it on its higest settings, I did that caus I rember you guys talking about it. And seince it is still a back up, and for quick grab shots, at work and stuff, I dont worry about how many photos are on it. I also got a 64mb card, so all told should hold 36 or so pics. enough to get me through two days work.
36 pics? that'll last me about 4 trains...in fostoria, that's about 30 minutes! 64 megs holds 20 pics for my cam...so make that 2 trains :)
Webmaster

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

After further thinking it looks like the pixels are set too large. Weather in photo shop or on the camera.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

My pixels are set at 2048*1536 right now, it also a a Quality Level, (dosent say what that is exactly) but it is 1 to 3, with 3 being best, at witch I have it set.

Railzfan
SpecialDuty

Unread post by Railzfan »

I have the same problem some times as well, I noticed that I get the lines and pixel look when there was low light conditions, like a cloudy day or just before dark. When I got the bad pictures the camera was set at the normal setting. So if I where you I would monkey around with it and see if you can find an option to adjust picture quality. And I can just about guarantee it is not a water mark :lol: , just the wrong setting!

BTW, nice photo :D !
~Andrew Kersting

Website - Rocky Mountain Custom Models

Long Live the Denver & Rio Grande Western!

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

matt, if you send me the original, i can read the EXIF info on it..i'm thinking maybe the ISO on auto was set too high, making it grainy like that and pixelated...
Webmaster

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Ok I will re down load the origonal and send it to you.

Railzfan
SpecialDuty

POST YOUR FINDS!

Unread post by Railzfan »

Hey Zack,

Please post what you find in Matt’s photo, it may help the rest of us with similar problems. :D :D :D

Thanx
~Andrew Kersting

Website - Rocky Mountain Custom Models

Long Live the Denver & Rio Grande Western!

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Well I figured it out, it has to do with when I resize the photo, in photoshop. I was resizeing it, checking how big it was, and then if it needed to be smaller, I just went back in and resized it again using the one aleady altered. After a couple of times these lines started showing up. Discovered this, working on the trip report photos.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

sd70accsxt700 wrote:Well I figured it out, it has to do with when I resize the photo, in photoshop. I was resizeing it, checking how big it was, and then if it needed to be smaller, I just went back in and resized it again using the one aleady altered. After a couple of times these lines started showing up. Discovered this, working on the trip report photos.
yeah, multiple resizing and resaving jpeg images over and over, instead of just reworking the original will do this and cause pixelation.. didn't know that's what you were doin. glad you got it figured out matt.
Webmaster

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

yep that what I was dooing, but now I just start over, if I dont have it right.