Storm

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Storm

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Nice thunder storm going on down here, would make for nice pictures, but no trains going past the house, not for the past while anyways.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

We had a good one over here, too, last night. Would've made for some real good pics, especially about a mile or so down the road, at one of the Norfolk Southern crossings. Happens to be a signal, well, two signals just to the west of the road, and both times I was across the tracks, at least one signal was flashing yellow over red. Actually, my college's social life committee had payed for everyone that wanted to, to bowl in a bowling alley down that way. Since we got there too late to get shoes (unless we could wear a size 8), we left and did some other stuff. Upon leaving the bowling alley, the gates had come down on the NS crossing. Pulling up, we got to watch two UP units, an SD70M with the flags on the sides, and (I think) a Dash8-40C pulling empty hoppers to the west. Approaching the crossing, the track on the south side (I have no idea what this track's designation is, or if it has one), had the flashing yellow over red, while the track on the north side of the ROW was solid yellow over red. Since I normally see these signals as red over red, I was kind of excited to not only see both sigals displaying something other than red, but also a complete, moving train. Makes me almost wish I would've had a camera, and the ability/position to take a decent shot, but the memory is nice too.