Word Game Comments Area

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Word Game Comments Area

Unread post by patrick »

This area will be used for anyone who wants to comment on the game. I did say the game and not the words themselves. :-)

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

What counts as a word?

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Since this is the appropriate place now to post comments and questions(?) about the word game, I'd like to ask what everyone considers a single word. Is it a single word, consisting of just letters, without spaces or hypens? Or, as in the case of nouns, can it be an entire noun, such as Mr. Rogers? Like to use Mr. Roger's Neighborhood as an example, would this need to be posted by two people or three? And since I am assuming that this is the type of thing that Patrick has set-up this space for anyone who read my response on the other thread can respond here, I assume. I want to know how other people feel about this too, especially as it appears there are at least two different opinions about this out there. Thanks

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Man I was never good at American, ie english, or spelling for that mater of fact,. but I would say that Mr. Rogers and neighborhood can be seperated, unlike a city and state, that they would require two people to post. ie one for Mr. rogers and one for neighborhood. Just my brainless thoughts.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

I think by now, we are all good enough at the english language to understand what a single word means. It its a city or something, fine, if yours just trying to sneak other words in..not ok.... you know what you can and cannot use. we're all smart enough by now to know.

OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by OwlCaboose2853 »

sd70accsxt700 wrote:Man I was never good at American, ie english, or spelling for that mater of fact,. but I would say that Mr. Rogers and neighborhood can be seperated, unlike a city and state, that they would require two people to post. ie one for Mr. rogers and one for neighborhood. Just my brainless thoughts.

Yea, we will be using as like a dorky language - that's good idea.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Ok, good, I didn't want to get everyone upset, but I also wanted to be sure that it was clear what a word consisted of and what it did not consist of. Sorry if I've been a bit of a jerk about it, I can be that way sometimes...never resting until I have a clear definition. And I don't think anyone is gonna be overly terrific at the English/American/railfan dialect unless they've studied it a lot, like if they're gonna teach english in the schools, or something. Thanks, Patrick, for defining what is and is not acceptable.
-Charles W.

OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by OwlCaboose2853 »

Most Women are prefect English language than men aren't prefect it. Some women still continue criticize men's languages, I noticed them. I know that really we won't use a dorky this language but we still have some unthinkable language mean some time dorky in railfan languages.