Traverse City Air Show

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
BB
Railroadfan...fan

Traverse City Air Show

Unread post by BB »

For those interested in air shows, here's a few pics I took from Traverse City's Air Show on July 3, 2005. Check out the video, it's pretty cool.

VIDEO: http://webpages.charter.net/d712/airshow.wmv

Coast Guard cutter and Sheriff boat.

A-10 over Coast Guard cutter.

A-10 over Sheriff boat.

Red Barons

F-18

Vintage aircraft takes off.

At the airport.

Hope you guys like my non-train pictures.
MQT Rail pictures at [url=http://bbarch_railfan.rrpicturearchives.net/default.aspx]RRPictureArchives.NET[/url]
Brandon

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

Nice! They're great!!! Thanks!

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Sweet pics. Like the airplanes. That's not a Ford Tri-Motor above the tower near the bottom of the page, is it?

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

very nice video...i was at the muskegon air show this year, but didn't get to see the A-10 running, if they even had it...love the sound of their engines :)
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

BB
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BB »

Thanks guys.
Charles W wrote:Sweet pics. Like the airplanes. That's not a Ford Tri-Motor above the tower near the bottom of the page, is it?
Not sure but it was flying people around Grand Traverse Bay.
MQT Rail pictures at [url=http://bbarch_railfan.rrpicturearchives.net/default.aspx]RRPictureArchives.NET[/url]
Brandon

markvz
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by markvz »

Sure is. 1929 Ford Tri-Motor, owned by the Kalamazoo Air Zoo. I bought a ride on her once years back when she was in Oscoda.

I bet the TSBY operating in the TVC area would give that plane a run for it's money as far as speed goees ;)

Joking aside it was a really neat experience. Who knows how much longer we'll have the chance to get rides in such an historic airplane.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

I had the chance to go over to Oskkosh, Wisconsin, summer 2002, to learn to fly. The EAA museum had had one of those Tri-motors flying around, when the wind was right, it went right over our compound. Quite a sight to see, it was quite loud as well. Much louder than our Cessna 172s. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to see those aircraft flying for several years to come, as long as there are skilled mechanics, etc. to maintain them.