BNSF Hiring Processes

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

BNSF Hiring Processes

Unread post by NSSD70ACe »

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the BNSF hiring process. I've already passed the memory tests and did my video-recording interview, and the email I received post-interview was ambiguous and unhelpful.

Assuming I make it past the interview, what should I be expecting? How long will it take for them to get back to me? This is for a transportation internship role, but I'd imagine it would be pretty close to the Trainmaster process (since that's essentially what the internship is).

I got this far last year when I applied for the same position but hadn't heard anything for almost three months. When I attempted to follow up in January, I was told that I would hear back in about three weeks. The day after, I received a rejection letter. The same exact thing happened with CN under the same set of circumstances. As a result, I am hesitant to contact HR to avoid shooting myself in the foot.

I also have applications pending with Amtrak, NS, and CN for generally the same position, so any advice on those processes would also be welcome.

Thanks,

-NSSD
:roll:

the contents of the above post are my opinion and mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Re: BNSF Hiring Processes

Unread post by hoborich »

You might try applying for a different position, to get your foot in the door, and try to transfer later.
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: BNSF Hiring Processes

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Most of the class one railroads sit on their applications until the fall career fair season closes out in a couple weeks, then they’ll actually start deciding who to send offer letters to.

Your experiences with rejection were likely just coincidences. Especially since last year you were just a freshman, and it’s exceptionally rare for them to pickup freshmen for the summer.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow