Anyone know what this thing is or what it's worth?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
J3rsdm5
Speak softly and carry a big tripod

Anyone know what this thing is or what it's worth?

Unread post by J3rsdm5 »

I non-railfan friend found this at Goodwill for $40. Anyone know what it could be or how much it could be worth? In the meantime, I've submitted the info to the company to see if they know. Also found one on eBay for $180.
Thanks!
"If it ain't all red, it ain't red at all"
Image JJRicks Studios

Steamlogger
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Anyone know what this thing is or what it's worth?

Unread post by Steamlogger »

It is a fixture for checking a part. The part would be put on and the clamps closed by pushing the red handles away from the part. then the pin near the bottom of the first photo would be advanced to check for correct placement of a hole there. The clip on the base would hold a go no-go gauge for testing hole size as called out in the 6.2 +0.3 -0.0 or such.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Re: Anyone know what this thing is or what it's worth?

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

You beat me to it :lol: I'm the son of a tool & die guy :wink: Worth is scrap value if you take the plastic off. My dad was cleaning out the shop one time and shipped a truckload of them to Padnos. They wanted to knock the scrap price down to nothing because they were "contaminated". He sent one of his guys there and had him remove all the handles.