Looking for a book...

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

Looking for a book...

Unread post by NSSD70ACe »

I'm trying to find a book called "North American Railyards, Updated and Expanded Edition". Seems interesting enough and I thought I would suggest it for Christmas; however, eBay doesn't have it, Walthers doesn't have it, and Amazon has multiple sellers asking for almost two thousand dollars for a new copy. There are some copies available that were used, but those sellers are asking for about 300 dollars.

Is there any place that I might be able to find a copy and avoid murdering my bank account? Walther's offered it for 40 bucks...hopefully they weren't the only ones.
:roll:

the contents of the above post are my opinion and mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Re: Looking for a book...

Unread post by James Sofonia »

Last year I was looking for a used book that several sellers had for $2-3 hundred dollars. One had it brand new for $1000. I found it from this seller for $8.00 plus a few dollars for shipping. Quite a spread in pricing!

https://www.thriftbooks.com

My book was not listed on their web site, but a quick e-mail to them and they found it.