Memorial Day.

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Memorial Day.

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

To those who gave all. THANK YOU !

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Re: Memorial Day.

Unread post by James Sofonia »

Well I didn't give all as I am still here, but I did serve 4 years in the Air Force.
Thank You for your thank you.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Are you a fighter pilot?
Pixl wrote:Well I didn't give all as I am still here, but I did serve 4 years in the Air Force.
Thank You for your thank you.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

James Sofonia

Fighter pilot, wow. Umm.. no I was a radar engineer.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

So you saw fighter planes 8) . What was the front line fighter in your day?
Pixl wrote:Fighter pilot, wow. Umm.. no I was a radar engineer.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

Four years in the Air Force. No combat. Peace time. Don't thank me. I had a blast. Electronic Countermeasures. Instructor, Basic Electronics, Keesler Air Force Base, Biloxi , Mississippi. Weekends in New Orleans! Life was good. :lol:
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

James Sofonia

AARR wrote:So you saw fighter planes 8) . What was the front line fighter in your day?
Working in ground radar most places I was at didn't have airplanes. I did work on a crew one day where they took us from Biloxi to help find a crashed F-15 in a Louisiana swamp, so maybe that was the plane of my day (1971-1975)
hoborich wrote:Four years in the Air Force. No combat. Peace time. Don't thank me. I had a blast. Electronic Countermeasures. Instructor, Basic Electronics, Keesler Air Force Base, Biloxi , Mississippi. Weekends in New Orleans! Life was good. :lol:

Ah yes weekends in New Orleans (only 60 miles away) or sometimes to Pensacola Beach (90 miles to the East) What a way to serve your country!

PatAzo
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PatAzo »

From the golden days of the Air Force.

Jet Pilot with John Wayne. This is just a trailer. The movie has some good 1950's fighters in it. https://youtu.be/oVYJ09NBp1I
Strategic Air Command with Jimmy Stewart. B36's and B47's. https://youtu.be/-YKMdGz1ihc
B52 minimum take off interval scene from I think Gathering of Eagles. https://youtu.be/Cq6Hpxyrhyo