You Can Live in a Caboose!

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

You Can Live in a Caboose!

Unread post by Jochs »

For $975 a month, you can live in a caboose in Louisville, KY, at Germantown Mill Lofts.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/loca ... /92377812/

I saw this on WSBT 22 news this evening, but couldn't find a link to it on their website. The article I found is from almost a month ago. So much for WSBT being "First, Fast, and Accurate." :lol:
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

J T
Hates Supper

Re: You Can Live in a Caboose!

Unread post by J T »

I like how they included photos with the report. It made reading that article much more enjoyable. :roll:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

$975 sounds high for about 300 square feet.. Then again I'm not sure of the rental rates in Louisville.. And looks like there are photos now JT.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

PerRock
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PerRock »

Apparently Metra has been having trouble getting rid of the old Highliners... A friend of mine tried to convince me last night that I should buy one & convert it into a house. :lol:

peter
Given the choice; I fly Amtrak.
American Trainz Group

SousaKerry
ALCOHAULIC

Unread post by SousaKerry »

Lived in one for a few days on my first honeymoon at the red caboose inn. I wouldn't recommend it no matter how well insulated and sealed it is they are one drafty cold SOB. Every time gust of wind comes along they shake and move no matter how well tied down. Ok for a night or two but to live in one no way.
What smells like lube oil and diesel.... Oh wait it's just my "Locomotive Breath"

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

PerRock wrote:Apparently Metra has been having trouble getting rid of the old Highliners... A friend of mine tried to convince me last night that I should buy one & convert it into a house. :lol:

peter

Once scrap prices rise again there will be no problem in getting rid of the cars. #scrapthemall #myexcavatorneedssomethingtodo
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Ypsi wrote:And looks like there are photos now JT.
Ahh yes, there are the photos now. :)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.