iOS X?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru
Posts: 1022
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow

iOS X?

Unread post by NSSD70ACe »

Hello all,

As I'm assuming that I am not the only iPhone user on this board, I'm wondering how many of you have the beta of iOS X? I've been trying to find a page with known bugs for the operating system so I can figure out exactly what is affecting my phone, but so far I have nada. Does anyone else have issues with the touch calibration of the screen? For example, when you try and type, it either does not register that you typed anything or goes to something that you did not tap. This issue has begun to plague my phone in the last couple days and restarting it seems to fix the issue...after my phone gives me an ugly blue screen.

Does anyone know what I should do? Running the Beta version of iOS X on a 5S.


Thanks,

-NS
Amtrak's here to stay. Deal with it.

User avatar
Michael
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 8526
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:52 pm
Location: Plymouth, Michigan

Re: iOS X?

Unread post by Michael »

I have an iPhone5 and upgraded to 10 a week or so ago. Not the beta but the final version. Apple has put out 2 minor updates 10.0.1 and 10.0.2 just in this past week.
Are you able to upgraded to this latest version? did the phone work fine before installing 10 beta?

User avatar
~Z~
Sofa King Admin
Posts: 10935
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:14 pm
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Contact:

Re: iOS X?

Unread post by ~Z~ »

NSSD70ACe wrote:Hello all,

As I'm assuming that I am not the only iPhone user on this board, I'm wondering how many of you have the beta of iOS X? I've been trying to find a page with known bugs for the operating system so I can figure out exactly what is affecting my phone, but so far I have nada. Does anyone else have issues with the touch calibration of the screen? For example, when you try and type, it either does not register that you typed anything or goes to something that you did not tap. This issue has begun to plague my phone in the last couple days and restarting it seems to fix the issue...after my phone gives me an ugly blue screen.

Does anyone know what I should do? Running the Beta version of iOS X on a 5S.


Thanks,

-NS
are you noticing this issue just with this website or with most other websites in general?
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru
Posts: 1022
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow

Re: iOS X?

Unread post by NSSD70ACe »

~Z~ wrote:
are you noticing this issue just with this website or with most other websites in general?
Oh, no once it happens it affects everything. Texting, apps, websites, etc. it's like all of a sudden the touch sensors or the calibration just went nuts. Then, when I press the home and power buttons to restart my phone it gives me a blue screen and then restarts.
Amtrak's here to stay. Deal with it.

User avatar
J T
Hates Supper
Posts: 10591
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:23 pm
Location: Grand Rapids
Contact:

Re: iOS X?

Unread post by J T »

My phone has been begging me to upgrade to 10 for a couple of weeks now, so why are you still running a buggy beta version?

User avatar
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat
Posts: 13899
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:54 pm
Location: Michigan's Copper Country
Contact:

Re: iOS X?

Unread post by Saturnalia »

My only issue on iOS 10 is that on this board and in a few other places, the view no longer tracks the cursor. Thus, I have to manually swipe to follow, or just trust that I'm doing it right and go back later to proof. Annoying, to say the least.

And before trnwatcher or some other anti-Apple person chimes in, I'm sure it is just a little bug in the firmware. At least iPhones haven't been blowing up! :lol:

NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru
Posts: 1022
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow

Re: iOS X?

Unread post by NSSD70ACe »

J T wrote:My phone has been begging me to upgrade to 10 for a couple of weeks now, so why are you still running a buggy beta version?

I've been checking the updates section for iOS and I don't show any updates.
Amtrak's here to stay. Deal with it.

User avatar
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan
Posts: 5308
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: iOS 10?

Unread post by Ypsi »

iOS 10.0.2 is like the latest one posted by Apple I believe. I have been bugged by my iPhone a couple times, and deleted the update from my phone. I have no current desire to grab iOS 10 until it is improved, or it becomes required. I don't care for the new lock screen stuff, nor the way imessage looks and some of its new features. Deleting the update is great, frees up over a GB of space and it stops asking me to update/ remind me to update.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

User avatar
J T
Hates Supper
Posts: 10591
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:23 pm
Location: Grand Rapids
Contact:

Re: iOS X?

Unread post by J T »

NSSD70ACe wrote:
J T wrote:My phone has been begging me to upgrade to 10 for a couple of weeks now, so why are you still running a buggy beta version?

I've been checking the updates section for iOS and I don't show any updates.
So the current version of 10 is only a beta, or are you the only one using the beta?

User avatar
J T
Hates Supper
Posts: 10591
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:23 pm
Location: Grand Rapids
Contact:

Re: iOS 10?

Unread post by J T »

Ypsi wrote:Deleting the update is great, frees up over a GB of space and it stops asking me to update/ remind me to update.
How does one delete the update?

User avatar
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat
Posts: 13899
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:54 pm
Location: Michigan's Copper Country
Contact:

Re: iOS 10?

Unread post by Saturnalia »

J T wrote:
Ypsi wrote:Deleting the update is great, frees up over a GB of space and it stops asking me to update/ remind me to update.
How does one delete the update?
delete an iOS update

User avatar
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan
Posts: 5308
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: iOS X?

Unread post by Ypsi »

Settings > general > storage and iCloud usage > manage storage

The update will be towards the top cause iOS 10 was like 1.2 GB. When you delete it it stops bugging you to update until a new version is automatically put on the system (which you can also delete using the same process). Sadly it doesn't make the (1) notification go away (man I hate those bubbles)
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

User avatar
Tier4GEVO
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 1117
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:43 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: iOS X?

Unread post by Tier4GEVO »

I'm running the latest version of iOS 10 on my iPhone 6S Plus, and although overall smooth & stable like most iOS releases, there's still some minor bugs. The lock of portrait/landscape operation tends to have a mind of its' own, and any movement may possibly trigger a oreintation switch I don't desire. Other than that, it's a good OS. Although the raw Android OS's are always impressing me, I don't know any LG's or Samsung's I've enjoyed, because their own user interfaces take away any fluidity and ease of operation that stock UI has, such as the Google Nexus or another minimalistically-approached phone. Plus, I prefer to have my jean pockets intact and risk-free of detonating. :lol: :lol:

User avatar
J T
Hates Supper
Posts: 10591
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:23 pm
Location: Grand Rapids
Contact:

Re: iOS X?

Unread post by J T »

Saturnalia wrote:
J T wrote:
Ypsi wrote:Deleting the update is great, frees up over a GB of space and it stops asking me to update/ remind me to update.
How does one delete the update?
delete an iOS update
Mmmm, yeah...but no.
Ypsi wrote:Settings > general > storage and iCloud usage > manage storage

The update will be towards the top cause iOS 10 was like 1.2 GB. When you delete it it stops bugging you to update until a new version is automatically put on the system (which you can also delete using the same process). Sadly it doesn't make the (1) notification go away (man I hate those bubbles)
Thanks for the explanation, but....it doesn't show up on the list of apps when I go to that screen. I must have a weird iPhone. haha

Any other suggestions for deleting it?

Post Reply