Railfan Location Site

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

Railfan Location Site

Unread post by NSSD70ACe »

Hey all,

I had an idea to compile all of Michigan's great railfans locations into one list.

So, I created "Michigan Railfans Locations", a Weebly site that is run by me but all of the submissions are user-submitted. It's kind of like a Locations version of RP.net; its there just to be a library that anyone can access and get information from, but all the content is user-submitted and has information regarding it.

As its a free weebly site, it won't appear on search engines, so I am announcing it here as a resource that I would like to build for the community. I have already added two locations in Kalamazoo and I hope to add all of mine by the end of this week or sometime next week.

Below are the guidelines for having a submission accepted.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you all enjoy what will hopefully be a great resource for everyone.

-NS

EDIT: Yes I am aware that my second location doesn't have a photo. I know which one I want to use but I'm having issues uploading it from my phone.

http://michiganrailfanlocations.weebly.com

ACCEPTANCE GUIDELINES:

1). Have a photo of the location so other can identify the area visually
2). Have informations about the area (what to expect in action, surroundings, and a brief description of the location)
3). It must be in Michigan. Perhaps sometime I can expand it to other areas in the Midwest but I'd rather start small for now.
:roll:

the contents of the above post are my opinion and mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Railfan Location Site

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

So it's like a more current and localized version of Frograil?
~ Charles W.

NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

Re: Railfan Location Site

Unread post by NSSD70ACe »

GreatLakesRailfan wrote:So it's like a more current and localized version of Frograil?
Yes. Although Frograil is nationwide, its Michigan list includes very little and was last updated with new content in 2002. Here in 2016, Michigan rail activities have changed since then and new spots are open or no longer accessible (I don't think that's the case with Frograil's current sites, but could be applicable elsewhere).

Thanks!

-NS
:roll:

the contents of the above post are my opinion and mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.