Ambulance with train horn

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Ambulance with train horn

Unread post by TC Man »

So, I am in Grawn this past weekend passing through when I hear a train horn- two longs, a short, and a long. Then more. I think- WOW, a train in Grawn again? And on a Sunday? Then a brand new Chicago Fire Department colored Ambulance/rescue comes blaring through going to a call. So I looked them up (Blair township Emergency Services)- They are a full time ALS EMS/Fire department that just replaced one of their 3 ambulances with a sweet (and totally custome $264k) rescue ambulance. They mention that is has a real train horn (even mentino that it has it's own air compressor). Between that and a Q-siren (the real thing- not the electric copy cat), with the Chicago black over red theme, that thing is cool. And when I facebook messaged them, the person who responded said they have a few guys working there that know trains well- hence the two longs, a short and a long. He said they have have people comment they can hear for a couple miles, and they already paced a GLC train along Keystone and blew the horn sequence along with them at a crossing. The train crew looked stumped and impressed. Thinking someone in charge there is a railfan?? Looks like they have 3 ALS ambulaces, two ALS "fly cars" (SUV ALS intercept units as they provide ALS service to surrounding BLS volunteer units), an engine, a 3,000 gallon tanker/engine, heavy rescue, transport (SUV), rescue boat, Mule off road wildfire and rescue unit, and a brush truck. I see they are union- but it's IAFF (International Assosiation of Firefighters, I think)- perhaps with the train horn it should be the BLE? LOL.
CEO of the Waving Institute- teaching great wave forms.

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Re: Ambulance with train horn

Unread post by James Sofonia »

Pretty cool. We will have to try for some video of that show!

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Here it is. All 4 seconds

EWRice
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by EWRice »

There is also a guy around west Michigan who has a teal and white motor home with a matching prime 920 with debris filters. He is known as Dr. John (not the musician). The horns are very obvious mounted on top of the cab. :D