Chick-fil-A coming to west Michigan

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Chick-fil-A coming to west Michigan

Unread post by Michael »

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Chick-fil-A coming to west Michigan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

Went to one in SC. ITS A CHICKEN SANDWICH ! :D :D :D

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

M.D.Bentley wrote:Went to one in SC. ITS A CHICKEN SANDWICH ! :D :D :D
Yes but they call you sir and everything is their pleasure.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

Yeah could have went to the "CHUM BUCKET" down there and the would have been just as polite. :D :D :D

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

Overrated establishment in my opinion. Like many other restaurants that are only located regionally, people have the craving because its not something that they can have every day as others passively enjoy it in it's home region. Currently the only location in Michigan is in the food court of the campus of Oakland University.

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

I like the place. Go there every chance I get when I'm out traveling for work. They understand some principles other service providers have left behind long ago. I find it refreshing. I just wish they were locating on the east side of Grand Rapids or the west side of Lansing. :D

The chicken sandwiches and coleslaw are pretty tasty too.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

I stop at the one in sylvania OH frequently when I'm down there. While yes it is not much different from any other fast food establishment as far as menu, I find the service (at least at that one) refreshing. It is nice to have people actually seem to know that I am a customer and should be kept happy. After all, no customer no sale.
But yes, If there was one nearby I probably wouldn't rate the food so high. But the service is still top notch. Hope one finds its way to AA soon.
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Jetlink wrote: Yes but they call you sir and everything is their pleasure.
You mean they won't say "no problem" to me after I say "thank you"? (nothing irritates me more in the service industry)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

milineamtrak wrote:Overrated establishment in my opinion. Like many other restaurants that are only located regionally, people have the craving because its not something that they can have every day as others passively enjoy it in it's home region. Currently the only location in Michigan is in the food court of the campus of Oakland University.
The article mentions there is another Chick-fil-A at Detroit Metro Airport but I'm not sure which terminal. I have not seen it.

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

Michael wrote:
milineamtrak wrote:Overrated establishment in my opinion. Like many other restaurants that are only located regionally, people have the craving because its not something that they can have every day as others passively enjoy it in it's home region. Currently the only location in Michigan is in the food court of the campus of Oakland University.
The article mentions there is another Chick-fil-A at Detroit Metro Airport but I'm not sure which terminal. I have not seen it.
It is in the Delta terminal (Mac Namara or whatever), by gate 77. I just ate there Friday! In recent months, DTW has refreshed their food choices to much better choices.
CEO of the Waving Institute- teaching great wave forms.

SousaKerry
ALCOHAULIC

Unread post by SousaKerry »

It is in the Delta terminal (Mac Namara or whatever)0
Hell that's like saying it's in Detroit somwhere, anyplace big enough to have it's own train to get from one end to the other should be it's own zip code..
What smells like lube oil and diesel.... Oh wait it's just my "Locomotive Breath"

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

SousaKerry wrote:
It is in the Delta terminal (Mac Namara or whatever)0
Hell that's like saying it's in Detroit somwhere, anyplace big enough to have it's own train to get from one end to the other should be it's own zip code..
Confused- I did say McNamara terminal, near gate 77, which as anyone who flies Delta in/out of DTW knows is at the far north end of the terminal.

SousaKerry
ALCOHAULIC

I do fly delta several times a year in fact but I never seem to get out of C terminal. Work makes me fly the puddle jumpers not the big boys. Biggest thing I have ever been on is a 767 when I went to the UK and that was out of the worst airport in the world, Liberty in NJ.

But I will take your word for it on gate 77, If I ever get down there I will check it out.
What smells like lube oil and diesel.... Oh wait it's just my "Locomotive Breath"

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

SousaKerry wrote:I do fly delta several times a year in fact but I never seem to get out of C terminal. Work makes me fly the puddle jumpers not the big boys. Biggest thing I have ever been on is a 767 when I went to the UK and that was out of the worst airport in the world, Liberty in NJ.

But I will take your word for it on gate 77, If I ever get down there I will check it out.
I'll be flying through there again on Sunday, so I'll have a sandwich for you. One way I'm flying from Traverse City to DTW on an MD-88, then to Newark, NJ (best airport into NYC in my oppinion) on a A320 (first class upgrade with my Gold status on both flights already). Return direct LGA to Traverse City on a CRJ-900 (also first class). Last week a Boeing 717 from TC to Minneapolis and then on a 767 to LAX. Return on a 767 to DTW, and then A320 to Traverse City. Nice mixture of aircraft (all 1st class upgrades too!).

SousaKerry
ALCOHAULIC

One way I'm flying from Traverse City to DTW on an MD-88
God I wish Delta would retire those darn MD-88's every time I get one of those the only seats available are right next to the engines. Took more trips to Tampa then I care to mention on MD-88 and wound up deaf by the time I got there.

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

SousaKerry wrote:
One way I'm flying from Traverse City to DTW on an MD-88
God I wish Delta would retire those darn MD-88's every time I get one of those the only seats available are right next to the engines. Took more trips to Tampa then I care to mention on MD-88 and wound up deaf by the time I got there.
They retired the DC-9's finally, so I hear the MD-88's and 90's are next. I am way up front in 1st, so I won't complain too much, LOL.

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

Why would I drive 50 miles to Holland when I can just drive roughly 30 miles to South Bend to go to Chick-fil-A? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :P
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

Jochs wrote:Why would I drive 50 miles to Holland when I can just drive roughly 30 miles to South Bend to go to Chick-fil-A? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :P
A friend and I from K-zoo drove to South Bend one evening for it. If we'd had the initial franchise fee, we would have opened one 10 years ago in Kalamazoo. Unfortunately, as college students, that kind of cash wasn't just laying around for us.

On the same token, I think K-zoo was devoid of a White Castle?. IIRC you had to drive to Benton Harbor or Jackson to find one back then if you felt like punishing your gut.

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

CSX_CO wrote:
Jochs wrote:Why would I drive 50 miles to Holland when I can just drive roughly 30 miles to South Bend to go to Chick-fil-A? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :P
A friend and I from K-zoo drove to South Bend one evening for it. If we'd had the initial franchise fee, we would have opened one 10 years ago in Kalamazoo. Unfortunately, as college students, that kind of cash wasn't just laying around for us.

On the same token, I think K-zoo was devoid of a White Castle?. IIRC you had to drive to Benton Harbor or Jackson to find one back then if you felt like punishing your gut.
The White Castle in Benton Harbor is now a closed "Payless Tire" store.
They should open a Chick-fil-A in either the empty Arby's building or the empty Hardees building in Benton Harbor.
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

You mean they won't say "no problem" to me after I say "thank you"? (nothing irritates me more in the service industry)
"You're all set", ranks right up there with "no problem". :lol:
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".