Bellaire

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Bellaire

Unread post by James Sofonia »

I'm going camping at Central Lake this weekend. I was advised once before to check out a bar in Bellare next time I was in the area. But what bar is that? I'll snap a few railroad photos while in the area of the RR stuff in the area.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Bellaire

Unread post by Michael »

Either The Bellaire Bar http://www.bellairebar.com/ or Short's Brewing Company https://www.shortsbrewing.com/

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

As Michael noted, Short's is there. They have delicious food, too. :D
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

James Sofonia

Ok guys, I'm at my Central Lake camping weekend. We had dinner at "Shorts" in Bellaire as sugested. It was GREAT! Good food, service, and brewed beer. Very fun. Thanks.

On our way back to CL we stopped to check out the 45 parallel which is half way between the Equator and the North Pole right here in little ole Northern Michigan.

Here is what is left of the C&O mainline approaching Central Lake from the South. Kinda looks like a road now. :( But you can still see the railroad style cuts on the sides.

This is Thurston Park in CL with my camp site just 10 ft. from the lake! Highly recommended.

You are invited to come up here and do some railroad archiving.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Glad you are having a good time Pixl. Maybe 10 miles to your south is Alden and they have a neat depot/museum in town. Although I'm sure you have seen it :)

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

I'm sitting in the Super 8 in Petoskey waiting for my daughtet to get back from running the Charlevoix 1/2 marathon then we are heading your way. It is a very beautiful day in Lower Northern MI. Yesterday we were in the Soo for Engineers Day. (only 3 boats) Beautiful day there too:)

James Sofonia

Raildudes dad wrote:I'm sitting in the Super 8 in Petoskey waiting for my daughtet to get back from running the Charlevoix 1/2 marathon then we are heading your way. It is a very beautiful day in Lower Northern MI. Yesterday we were in the Soo for Engineers Day. (only 3 boats) Beautiful day there too:)
That's cool. Stop by if you get down this way. Thurston Park site #6.

Jim