Custom Decals Not RR related

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
EWRice
Railroadfan...fan

Custom Decals Not RR related

Unread post by EWRice »

I have a question that I was going to post in Model Railroading, but figured it might get a wider exposure here. I am restoring an old Graymarine 327 (Rambler) engine for my boat and need someone who can make new decals for it. I have multiple sets of NOS originals to be used as templates. They are so old they no longer stick properly. The kicker is that they will need to withstand temps up to 200 degrees. If anybody has any suggestions on someone who could do this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Re: Custom Decals Not RR related

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

3M Scotchlite ? - color?

EWRice
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by EWRice »

I would like to keep it as original looking as possible. The originals are the water transfer type. I have a customer that can make them from vinyl if all else fails, and has a heat resistant material as well. One is yellow and black and the others are various shades of blue with silver/gray and black.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

I'd try a local sign shop, like a SignsNow, Signs360 or Signs by Tomorrow. Someone who works with the material you're looking for on a regular basis. They should have an idea as to what will work and the equipment to design, print and cut the decals you need.
~ Charles W.