I can't believe.........

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

I can't believe.........

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

that NO ONE mentioned that Conrail turned 39 yesterday :(

Burb8145
Railroadfan...fan

Re: I can't believe.........

Unread post by Burb8145 »

M.D.Bentley wrote:that NO ONE mentioned that Conrail turned 39 yesterday :(
At least it was the right time for the Conrail heritage unit to come into southeastern Michigan.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
-Red Green

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

I don't think a lot of people realize that Conrail still exists on the shared assets in Michigan's Downriver area.
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Jochs wrote:I don't think a lot of people realize that Conrail still exists on the shared assets in Michigan's Downriver area.
Seems like there's at least one member of this board whose paychecks come from Conrail...maybe more, apparently they've been hiring lately.
~ Charles W.

JStryker722
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JStryker722 »

I'm fine with Conrail been a downriver railfan secret..don't have to share the Conrail train-watching spots with too many other of towners lol jk
My Wife says my first love is trains..anint that the truth! Lol :D

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

M.D.Bentley wrote:that NO ONE mentioned that Conrail turned 39 yesterday :(
I hope you are being sarcastic:
viewtopic.php?t=31623
Burb8145 wrote:The date: April 2nd, 2015. Exactly 39 years and a day ago, the US government created Conrail to take control of multiple bankrupt railroads, most notably Penn Central and Erie Lackawanna. By 1987, when it was privatized, Conrail began turning profits. In the late 1990's, in a reversal of the merger of the PRR and the NYC, half of Conrail went to NS and the other half went to CSX. And now, today, the Conrail heritage unit, which was the first of 20 engines in NS' 30th Anniversary Heritage Fleet when it was released from Altoona in March 2012, appropriately enough, makes an appearance on the Detroit Line, which was historically Conrail's main route into Detroit from the East Coast, the portion north of Gibraltar still part of Conrail Shared Assets, which was formed in 1999 to operate former Conrail rails in Metro Detroit and New Jersey.
viewtopic.php?t=31622
Yesterday on what would have been Conrail's 39th Birthday, we received a tip that the Conrail Heritage Unit would be running to Jackson Michigan on NS 38E. I tracked the movement a little throughout the day and was prepared for them as they headed west in the evening. But before the Conrail Heritage unit came trailing on 38E I shot 355 doing 10mph because of a tracklight left on between Ypsi and Lake.
There's two separate threads that talked about Conrail's 39th anniversary. Conrail being 39..is the 39 year age some big deal?
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

Yeah yeah. Sarcasm. That's what it was . :D