Ice Cream

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Ice Cream

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

Frosty Boy on Plainfield & Ann (near the GRE yard office) has reopened after being gone fr 10 years http://www.mlive.com/business/west-mich ... cart_river

Tippy Cow (on the CSX double track in Grandville) may reopen for the season next weekend - stay tuned 8)

trnwatcher
My name ain't Steven

Re: Ice Cream

Unread post by trnwatcher »

a46833c3fabca5643bea83cf754830d3.jpg
. Here's how I feel....
Steven F. Shick
http://www.youtube.com/user/trnwatcher
http://www.trnwatcher.net

I.T. guy/Railfan
"The true railfan has two favorite railroads....the Baltimore & Ohio and another one." - Charles S. Roberts

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

And my driving curfew is over in two weeks...whoooooo!
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Anyone here been too Arnie's? Mrs. AARR and I went there when we visited Grand Rapids in the spring of 2014. I LIKED it :D .
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Is the pope catholic ? Everyone on GR (at least us old folks) have been to Arnies and Buttercup Bakery before that. They started with the Old Mill in Rockford pre 1976. Take Mrs AARR to Rockford some time and you can eat at Arnies in the old mill. She should like shopping in Rockford - lots of litle shops

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

Mooville at the corner of M-79 and M-66 south of Nashville is open year round but never open on Sunday. Freshest milked and made on site icecream you'll ever have. Just sayin.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Jetlink wrote:Mooville at the corner of M-79 and M-66 south of Nashville is open year round but never open on Sunday. Freshest milked and made on site icecream you'll ever have. Just sayin.
Train connection??? :lol: I forgot to say the Old Mill is next to the White Pine Trail former MIGN ex PRR exx GR&I

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

2 miles south of the old NYC line from Rives Junction to Grand Rapids. In process of trail conversion :D
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Tippy Cow or go home.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Raildudes dad wrote:Take Mrs AARR to Rockford some time and you can eat at Arnies in the old mill. She should like shopping in Rockford - lots of litle shops.
Thanks for the recommendation. I will take her there one of these days.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

AARR wrote:
Raildudes dad wrote:Take Mrs AARR to Rockford some time and you can eat at Arnies in the old mill. She should like shopping in Rockford - lots of litle shops.
If she likes antiques, stop in Lowell. While she is shopping you can explore the King Milling operation. You get done there, rest your feet at Larkin's Saloon across the street. Sit with your favorite beverage and still see what's happening at King. Afterword take her to Ball's Softcreme down the street for a chili dog and ice cream for dessert.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Raildudes dad wrote:
AARR wrote:
If she likes antiques, stop in Lowell. While she is shopping you can explore the King Milling operation. You get done there, rest your feet at Larkin's Saloon across the street. Sit with your favorite beverage and still see what's happening at King. Afterword take her to Ball's Softcreme down the street for a chili dog and ice cream for dessert.
Yes, Mrs. AARR LOVES antique shops. But I'm saving my appetite for Arnie's...that place rocks!

Typhoon
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Typhoon »

Oberweis in Western Springs IL, along the CB&Q. Makes Tippy Cow's ice cream look like the stuff that comes out of those plastic cups, and sees more trains in 24 hours than the GR sub sees in a month.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Oberw ... ca84aa624e

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Western Springs is a tad too far to go for ice cream after supper. Plus most of us GR folks are on a first name basis with the Tippy Cow owners. They take good care of us :D

Schteinkuh
Railcam Terrorizer

Unread post by Schteinkuh »

AARR wrote:
One does not simply go to Rockford without going to the Corner Bar
According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway because bees don't care what humans think is impossible.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Raildudes dad wrote:Frosty Boy on Plainfield & Ann (near the GRE yard office)

Tippy Cow (on the CSX double track in Grandville) may reopen for the season next weekend - stay tuned 8)
You sure about that? Just received this comment on FB...
Tippy Cow Ice Cream
Hi Jim! We don't have a firm date yet. We still need to get in some more equipment but it will be soon!
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Typhoon wrote:Oberweis in Western Springs IL, along the CB&Q. Makes Tippy Cow's ice cream look like the stuff that comes out of those plastic cups...
Spoken like a man who's never been to the T-Cow! :P

Typhoon
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Typhoon »

J T wrote:
Typhoon wrote:Oberweis in Western Springs IL, along the CB&Q. Makes Tippy Cow's ice cream look like the stuff that comes out of those plastic cups...
Spoken like a man who's never been to the T-Cow! :P
Been there done that. It is better than 31 flavors, however it is not even on the same discussion as Oberweis...

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Hudsonville Ice Cream > anything else
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

Plainwell Ice Cream is the go to spot around Kalamazoo. Just down the street from where the GR&I, NYC, and MUL all crossed.

Practice Safe CSX