Ho scale help wanted.

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Ho scale help wanted.

Unread post by patrick »

I need to build a set of turnouts for a 7 track yard. but I need them built in a small area. anyone with some ideas?

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: Ho scale help wanted.

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Patrick wrote:I need to build a set of turnouts for a 7 track yard. but I need them built in a small area. anyone with some ideas?
sorry, no help here buddy.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

How much space do you have avalible??? I have a big layout and I may be able to help. I just need to find that darn tape measure. It always vanishes right when I need it! :x

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

are you building them, or buying them pre built. how big a area. there are many options to it just need to know the space. also what kind of and how big are the cars, and locos you are going to run.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

On a previuse layout I used Atlas turnouts and just used track nippers to cut them down to size. But experiment just to make sure you have the right clearances.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Not having been converted to HO scale (yet), I don't have any real experience with building switches or anything. But the first thing that came to my mind were the switches that have three diverging points, for some reason I think of 'em as wye switches. Probably some of the older modeling magazines have articles on how to build 'em, if you're wanting to go that route, actually I remember something like that from probably in the last ten years or so, but not more specifically than that. Best of luck to you with the project.