Oreo Cookie "Double Stuf" Conspiracy?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Oreo Cookie "Double Stuf" Conspiracy?

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Twinkies are back but smaller, but at least they didn't hide smaller sizes from us, like Nabisco's Oreo's might be doing!

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/08/ ... onspiracy/

Double = 2, which is not 1.9!
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Re: Oreo Cookie "Double Stuf" Conspiracy?

Unread post by Jochs »

It's common for companies to shrink their container size while keeping the price the same.
People think the price of their product they have bought hasn't gone up, when in reality it has.
I've recently noticed that Campbell's and Meijer Chunky Soups have gone from 19 oz to 18.8 oz, yet the price has more or less stayed the same.
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

StupidFlee​t
Chinese Foooood

Unread post by StupidFlee​t »

Jochs wrote:It's common for companies to shrink their container size while keeping the price the same.
People think the price of their product they have bought hasn't gone up, when in reality it has.
I've recently noticed that Campbell's and Meijer Chunky Soups have gone from 19 oz to 18.8 oz, yet the price has more or less stayed the same.

OK.
Flickr

(23:10:05) MagnumForce: All precautions were taken

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Jochs wrote:It's common for companies to shrink their container size while keeping the price the same.
Ice cream is a perfect example of this. The containers are getting smaller, but the price remains the same, or continues to increase (but I only buy it when it's on sale, so it's actually not more expensive for *me*). :)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

trainerd
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by trainerd »

How about Subways' foot-long sub that isn't a foot long?

Or McD's Quarter pounder that "was" a quarter pound before cooking?

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

trainerd wrote:How about Subways' foot-long sub that isn't a foot long?

WHAT?????
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

trainerd wrote:Or McD's Quarter pounder that "was" a quarter pound before cooking?
A quarter pound of hamburger is for babies and girls. A real man starts at a 1/2 pound and up :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

AARR wrote:
trainerd wrote:Or McD's Quarter pounder that "was" a quarter pound before cooking?
A quarter pound of hamburger is for babies and girls. A real man starts at a 1/2 pound and up :lol:
Sooo....you prefer the double quarter pounder? :shock:
~ Charles W.