Dubuque Air Show 7/03/12 - Planes, Trains, Boats, pt. 2

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
BB
Railroadfan...fan

Dubuque Air Show 7/03/12 - Planes, Trains, Boats, pt. 2

Unread post by BB »

Continuing from part 1.

A loud double rotor sound could be heard taking off toward Dubuque and pretty soon the CH-47 Chinook is seen.

It blended in pretty good when it was flying the other direction closer to the Illinois/Wisconsin bluffs.

There's the A-10.

Who doesn't want to be eye level with a hog, probably its enemy.

Heritage Flight

The P-51 went into a dog fight reenactment with this plane.

Another BNSF intermodal and people setting up to watch the fireworks.

Aerostars

Not sure who these were but they made several fast low passes.

Says University of Iowa on the side.

Another BNSF.

Vanguard Squadron, the Worlds Only 100% Ethanol Powered Airshow Team. They're from Tea, SD and did a flyover of the Poet ethanol plant in Hanlontown, IA before refueling at nearby Mason City on their way to Dubuque the day before. Poet is their sponsor. The next day they would refuel again at Mason City and buzz the Clear Lake parade route before flying back to Tea.

How fitting to have an empty ethanol show up while the ethanol planes are in the sky. Catfish along the Mississippi complete with a NS boxcar buffer.

Wow how awesome to experience all of my best interests at one setting in beautiful country. Just as soon as the air show finished something went north on the ICE. Lots of horn as the line goes through where show center is and it was packed with people. You sure could feel those 40's way up on bluff. Here's the IC&E Marquette Sub curving around Eagle Point. The fence at the top is for the park.

The road on the levee that goes back to Lock and Dam 11. The CH-47 was on display here before it took off to fly its demonstration.

Trains, towboats, Aerostars, and fireworks.
VIDEO in HD: http://youtu.be/sosudFr_QDA?hd=1

Enjoy
MQT Rail pictures at [url=http://bbarch_railfan.rrpicturearchives.net/default.aspx]RRPictureArchives.NET[/url]
Brandon

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Dubuque Air Show 7/03/12 - Planes, Trains, Boats, pt. 2

Unread post by AARR »

Nice pictures BB, as always!

As much as I like the modern jets I have to give props to the lesser known but equally entertaining flying groups. They do some amazing stunts in those prop planes and small jets :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...