Page 394 of 435

Re: Where Is It?

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:38 pm
by Michael
Wrong lake

AARR wrote:Is this Trenton or Wyandotte along Jefferson Ave?
Michael wrote:Image

Re: Where Is It?

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:44 pm
by railrod1949
Michael wrote:Wrong lake

AARR wrote:Is this Trenton or Wyandotte along Jefferson Ave?
Michael wrote:Image



Look like a BP, Clark or Shell gas station along the eastern shore of Michigan. Lake States Railroad.

Re: Where Is It?

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:57 am
by Michael
It's not Lake State or Lake Huron

Re: Where Is It?

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:24 am
by railrod1949
Michael wrote:It's not Lake State or Lake Huron



It is on CN, CSX , NS , or GLC? It's in SEM, NEM, NW MI or SWM?

Re: Where Is It?

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:43 am
by AARR
Is it MS between Holland and Muskegon?
Michael wrote:Is this Trenton or Wyandotte along Jefferson Ave? Wrong lake
Look like a BP, Clark or Shell gas station along the eastern shore of Michigan. Lake States Railroad. It's not Lake State or Lake Huron
Image

Re: Where Is It?

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:47 pm
by ~Z~
A ha, found it.. the "wrong lake" comment helped. S Hill Rd in Gladstone Michigan, looking out at a Shell station(was a BP station in 2016 for the photo) on Little Bay de Noc that flows into Lake Michigan.

Re: Where Is It?

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:52 pm
by railrod1949
~Z~ wrote:A ha, found it.. the "wrong lake" comment helped. S Hill Rd in Gladstone Michigan, looking out at a Shell station(was a BP station in 2016 for the photo) on Little Bay de Noc that flows into Lake Michigan.



Yes, it's the Shell service Station (formerly BP Service Station) which is also the Indian Trails bus depot on US-2 and US-41 as well as M-35 at Lake Shore Drive which is on the other side of that gas station in Gladstone, Delta County in the da UP. Its looking southeast towards Little Bay de Noc which flows into Lake Michigan. The track in the foreground is the CN RR main line (formerly the Soo Line, later Wisconsin Central RR, later UP RR). S' Hill Road can be seen in the foreground. Final run of the remaining passenger train on the former Soo Line between Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN and the Soo (Sault Ste Marie) with stop in Gladstone for passengers and crew change, was made on March 5, 1960. However the Soo Line mixed train contiuned between Gladstone and the Soo until was took over by the WC, now CN. The old Soo Line depot is located just northwest of the above shot. That Shell station which also use as the Indian Trails bus station are serve by four bus runs (two runs each direction). The westbound bus from St. Ignace to Duluth, MN with no stop at Gladstone, the eastbound Duluth to St. Ignace bus do stop at Gladstone at 3:45am. The bus from Hancock, MI to Milwaukee, WI stops in Gladstone at 3:00am and the northbound bus from Milwaukee to Hancock stops in Gladstone at 4:00am. All four bus runs are operates daily.

Re: Where Is It?

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:47 pm
by Michael
I figured you would get that one Z since you got another one I posted from the UP.
Thanks for all the info Railrod1949

Re: Where Is It?

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:42 pm
by Pixl
IMG_0724[1].jpg

Re: Where Is It?

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:48 pm
by MiRailProductions
Pixl wrote:
IMG_0724[1].jpg


You appear to be sitting on Lake Cadillac, looking east towards the Cadillac Depot and the GLC Ex- Ann Arbor Mainline.

Re: Where Is It?

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:07 pm
by Pixl
Well you are correct. I thought a picture from the water would be a new angle not seen by many. But the quiz only lasted 6 minutes. :(

Re: Where Is It?

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:39 pm
by railrod1949
MiRailProductions wrote:
Pixl wrote:
IMG_0724[1].jpg


You appear to be sitting on Lake Cadillac, looking east towards the Cadillac Depot and the GLC Ex- Ann Arbor Mainline.



Yes, its the old Cadillac depot on the former AA RR line, now GLC in Cadillac, Wexford, County taken from a boat on Lake Cadillac, Final run of the remaining passenger train on the former Ann Arbor RR between Toledo and Frankfort/Boat Landing/Elberta, with stops in Cadillac, was made on July 19, 1950.

Re: Where Is It?

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:50 am
by ConrailDetr​oit
ImageIMG_1520 by tcamp7837, on Flickr

Re: Where Is It?

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:57 am
by Avnx
ConrailDetr​oit wrote:ImageIMG_1520 by tcamp7837, on Flickr


Looks like the Conrail Terminal West industrial track, with the Mound Road Correctional facility on the left side of the image.

Re: Where Is It?

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:18 am
by ConrailDetr​oit
Correct

Re: Where Is It?

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:39 am
by railrod1949
ConrailDetr​oit wrote:Correct



Yes, it's the Conrail SA Terminal West Industrial tracks (formerly Detroit Terminal RR) run between Conrail SA North yard and Gallagher Street. The shot above is looking east towards Mound Road. Ryan Road is the crossing west. The only rail customer on that trackage is the Alpha Resigns on the east side of Ryan Road, directly across the tracks from the Ryan Correctional Facility. All in Detroit, Wayne County.

Re: Where Is It?

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:44 am
by ConrailDetr​oit
railrod1949 wrote:
ConrailDetr​oit wrote:Correct



Yes, it's the Conrail SA Terminal West Industrial tracks (formerly Detroit Terminal RR) run between Conrail SA North yard and Gallagher Street. The shot above is looking east towards Mound Road. Ryan Road is the crossing west. The only rail customer on that trackage is the Alpha Resigns on the east side of Ryan Road, directly across the tracks from the Ryan Correctional Facility. All in Detroit, Wayne County.


There are 3 customers on this trackage. Alpha Resins, MAC, and Winston Bros.

Re: Where Is It?

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:05 pm
by Michael
6 minutes for Pixl's photo and 7 for ConrailDetroit's photo. Let's see how long this one from SEM takes.
No longer active. Severed from the main just on the other side of the trees on the right.
Image

Re: Where Is It?

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:20 pm
by AARR
Is this along NS's Michigan Line in Inkster?
Michael wrote:6 minutes for Pixl's photo and 7 for ConrailDetroit's photo. Let's see how long this one from SEM takes.
No longer active. Severed from the main just on the other side of the trees on the right.
Image

Re: Where Is It?

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:34 pm
by Michael
You got it. In between Edsel & DeSoto Ave

AARR wrote:Is this along NS's Michigan Line in Inkster?
Michael wrote:6 minutes for Pixl's photo and 7 for ConrailDetroit's photo. Let's see how long this one from SEM takes.
No longer active. Severed from the main just on the other side of the trees on the right.
Image