Where Is It?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Re: Where Is It?

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

Mark F wrote:Found it. Hint: Those are the bollards on the Fred Meijer Heartland Trail. This is on one of the newer sections of the trail.
And what is the purpose of those bollards other than being a hazard to the cyclists?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

The Macomb Orchard Trail bollards were removed shortly after installation (seems like it was within the first year)
Raildudes dad wrote:
Mark F wrote:Found it. Hint: Those are the bollards on the Fred Meijer Heartland Trail. This is on one of the newer sections of the trail.
And what is the purpose of those bollards other than being a hazard to the cyclists?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

SW
Rail Trail Explorer

Unread post by SW »

Raildudes dad wrote:And what is the purpose of those bollards other than being a hazard to the cyclists?
To discourage prohibited motorized traffic such as ATVs. Notice the center one is hinged and can be removed if needed for official access.

I've seen utility vehicles more than once on the Huron Valley Trail, the old GTW airline thru South Lyon, Wixom, etc. Result is the trail has worn unevenly, with slight ruts from the wheels, with cracked pavement in spots. I don't think it is designed for that kind of weight.
Owosso Steve

Burb8145
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Burb8145 »

AANscaleRunner wrote:
Burb8145 wrote:
railrod1949 wrote:Fred Meijer Trail, looking north from the E. Market Street crossing, two blocks south of the Flat River, east of Lafayette Blvd. (M-91) all in Greenville. Former C&O and Mid Michigan railroads.
You got it...and I thought it was going to be tricky.

Well, here's an actually tricky one. Only one hint for now: northern Michigan.

Great Lakes Central between Cadillac and Yuma.
A bit north.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
-Red Green

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by railrod1949 »

Found it!! Mayfield, MI., GLC RR line looking north from the Blair Town Hall Road crossing, Mayfield, just north of the M-113 crossing in Kingsley, Kingsley Area Schools district, Paradise Township, Grand Traverse County. Mayfield, MI 49666 is the mailing address.
Last edited by railrod1949 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SW
Rail Trail Explorer

Unread post by SW »

Boyne Falls
Owosso Steve

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Raildudes dad wrote:
If those are hazardous to cyclists, perhaps the cyclists they are hazardous to should reconsider being cyclists. :wink:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

J T wrote:
Raildudes dad wrote:
If those are hazardous to cyclists, perhaps the cyclists they are hazardous to should reconsider being cyclists. :wink:
What do the fence and bollards accomplish when all one has to do is drive around them? MDOT and FHWA won't approve the use of bollards on federally funded non-motorized projects. A post in the middle of the trail is considered a hazard.

Burb8145
Railroadfan...fan

railrod1949 wrote:Found it!! Mayfield, MI., GLC RR line looking north from the Blair Town Hall Road crossing, Mayfield, just north of the M-113 crossing in Kingsley, Kingsley Area Schools district, Paradise Township, Grand Traverse County. Mayfield, MI 49666 is the mailing address.
You're correct!

Here's one located near a state line.
-Red Green

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Burb8145 wrote:
railrod1949 wrote:Found it!! Mayfield, MI., GLC RR line looking north from the Blair Town Hall Road crossing, Mayfield, just north of the M-113 crossing in Kingsley, Kingsley Area Schools district, Paradise Township, Grand Traverse County. Mayfield, MI 49666 is the mailing address.
You're correct!

West of Morenci, MI near the Ohio border on the NS Detroit District, former Wabash Ry. and Morenci Road, between US-127 and Munson Highway, in Munson, Morenci Area Schools district, Medina Township, Lenawee County. Morenci, MI 49256 is the mailing address.
Last edited by railrod1949 on Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burb8145
Railroadfan...fan

railrod1949 wrote:
Burb8145 wrote:
You're correct!

Wet of Morenci, MI near the Ohio border on the NS Detroit District, former Wabash Ry. and Morenci Road, between US-127 and Munson Highway.
I guess I made this one too easy, you are right.
-Red Green

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

This was a challenging picture. RR49 is good at guessing but also he spends a lot of time looking too so it's hard to fool him.
Burb8145 wrote:I guess I made this one too easy, you are right.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

Reasonably Easy

ImageIMG_2278 by tcamp7837, on Flickr

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

ConrailDetr​oit wrote:Reasonably Easy

ImageIMG_2278 by tcamp7837, on Flickr

McArthur Bridge over the Mississippi River to St. Louis, MO from East St. Louis, IL use by the Amtrak Lincoln service and the Texas Eagle

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

Correct

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

I rode across that bridge in a boxcar, in July 1962. Good times. :D
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

Burb8145
Railroadfan...fan

A yard out in the boonies.
-Red Green

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Is this in the UP?
Burb8145 wrote:A yard out in the boonies.

Burb8145
Railroadfan...fan

AARR wrote:Is this in the UP?
Yes.
-Red Green

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Burb8145 wrote:
AARR wrote:Is this in the UP?
Yes.
White Pine on the CN. Is the yard at the end of the main track? On ELS RR. Look all over the Googles Map. Couldn't fine it so far. Need more hint please.