Where Is It?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
PatAzo
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Where Is It?

Unread post by PatAzo »

Saturnalia wrote: it is totally normal to run trains across, say the Waterlevel or on the GTW with only one unit.
Watch the CN trains and while they might have 2-3 units, it not uncommon to see only one on line.

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

Pixl wrote: It also looks like a long train to have just one engine.
Up here in Traverse City where we are "train starved" my comment comes from the rail action I often see with two engines pulling one car. I could guess on the reasons this happens but it is quite a contrast to seeing a 40 to 90 car train with one engine.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Somewhere in the Bay City/Saginaw area.

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

Michael wrote:Somewhere in the Bay City/Saginaw area.
Michael, I see a truck loading ramp on that building, but where is the railroad element in the picture?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Double tracks passed on the left side of this building. I was hoping to find out if it ever was served by rail
Pixl wrote:
Michael, I see a truck loading ramp on that building, but where is the railroad element in the picture?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Is this on the old line between Meredith Jct. and Hoyt? CMGN was the last operator of the line.
Michael wrote:Double tracks passed on the left side of this building. I was hoping to find out if it ever was served by rail
Pixl wrote:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

The homes in the background look like Zilwaukee, but if that's where it is, I don't know much about the history in that area.
~ Charles W.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Yes. The Belt Line
AARR wrote:Is this on the old line between Meredith Jct. and Hoyt? CMGN was the last operator of the line.
Michael wrote:Double tracks passed on the left side of this building. I was hoping to find out if it ever was served by rail

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Is Atwater Street on the right?
Michael wrote:Is this on the old line between Meredith Jct. and Hoyt? CMGN was the last operator of the line. Yes. The Belt Line
Double tracks passed on the left side of this building. I was hoping to find out if it ever was served by rail
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Sorry. Actually the west side Saginaw Belt line.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Is that Durand St. on the right?
Michael wrote:Is Atwater Street on the right? Sorry. Actually the west side Saginaw Belt line.
Michael wrote:
Is this on the old line between Meredith Jct. and Hoyt? CMGN was the last operator of the line. Yes. The Belt Line

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by railrod1949 »

AARR wrote:Is that Durand St. on the right?
Michael wrote:Is Atwater Street on the right? Sorry. Actually the west side Saginaw Belt line.
Michael wrote:
Is this on the old line between Meredith Jct. and Hoyt? CMGN was the last operator of the line. Yes. The Belt Line
Got it! 1420 Hancock Street, S. Bates Street on the right, Court Street behind the building and Hancock Street in the foreground, all in Saginaw, Saginaw School District the City of, Saginaw County. Looking southwest along the former C&O Railway's West Side Belt Line toward Fordney, where the Saginaw Railway Museum is located. The Belt Line ran between Mershon and Fordney.
Last edited by railrod1949 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Good job Rodney

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

Looks like Four Mile Lake.

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by railrod1949 »

Michael wrote:Image
Yes. that's Dexter-Chelsea Road at the NS/Amtrak Michigan Line crossing, looking east. About a mile east of Chelsea, in the Chelsea School District, Lima Township, Washtenaw County. Chelsea Grain can be seen at the far left. The area in the above shot have a Chelsea, MI 48118. That blue building at the far right is the Abrasive Finishing.

PatAzo
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PatAzo »

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

GDLK going north approaching Grand Rapids Yard (Hughart)?
PatAzo wrote:Image

PatAzo
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PatAzo »

AARR wrote:GDLK going north approaching Grand Rapids Yard (Hughart)?
PatAzo wrote:Image
It's similar to a view arriving at Hugart from a few weeks ago, but not this time.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

While the Grand Elk shot continues to make people scratch their heads, I'll throw this one into the ring.
Attachments
Interurban Bridge.JPG
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)