Where Is It?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
EWRice
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Where Is It?

Unread post by EWRice »

I like the paint job on that old Wellcraft.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Anyone know the story behind this?
ConrailDetr​oit wrote:Image20200318_123116 by tcamp7837, on Flickr
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

DaveO
Read more, think more, post less

Unread post by DaveO »

AARR wrote:Anyone know the story behind this?
ConrailDetr​oit wrote:Image20200318_123116 by tcamp7837, on Flickr
Holden Street and it and a couple others have been closed. Presumably because of retaining wall deterioration.
If the road is closed, why take the time and pay the landfill tipping cost when you got a nice closed road to use?

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

Correct.

Only "closed" to vehicles. Bikers, pedestrians, stray dogs, illegal dumpers, graffiti artists, and urban explorers can still pass through.

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by railrod1949 »

ConrailDetr​oit wrote:Correct.

Only "closed" to vehicles. Bikers, pedestrians, stray dogs, illegal dumpers, graffiti artists, and urban explorers can still pass through.
Indeed, its Holden Street looking southeast towards the Lodge Expressway aka M-10 south of W. Grand Blvd. in Detroit, Wayne County. its underneath the CN/Amtrak Lines and the Conrail SA line tracks. About a mile southwest of the Detroit Amtrak depot. Amtrak currently operating train nos. 351 and 352 only between Pontiac and Chicago with stop at that Detroit Amtrak depot. Train nos. 350, 353, 354 and 355 are currently suspended due to Corvid-19.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

And now for something completely different

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Ovid?
Michael wrote:And now for something completely different
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Cadillac, that's the ex. Pennsy freight house in the background. The cast iron crossbuck on display up front gives it away.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

MQT1223 wrote:
Cadillac, that's the ex. Pennsy freight house in the background. The cast iron crossbuck on display up front gives it away.
Yes, Indeed, that the old Pennsy RR ROW looking north towards the ex Pennsy RR freight house on the north side of W. North Street in Cadillac, Wexford County. That shot above was taken from the W. Bremer Street crossing. Final run of the remaining old Pennsylvania RR passenger train was the Fridays only from Fort Wayne, IN to Mackinaw City, train 519 the Northern Arrow, was made on Saturday, September, 2, 1961 and train no. 520 the Sundays only Northern Arrow from Mackinaw City to Fort Wayne, IN was made on Monday, September 4, 1961. instead of Sunday, September 3, 1961. Its ran on weekends during the summer months.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Where be it? Former railline going over a creek, and about 50 feet west, believe this line went over a north/south line as well.
Attachments
wherebeit115.JPG
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Between Grand Ledge and Ionia?
~Z~ wrote:Where be it? Former railline going over a creek, and about 50 feet west, believe this line went over a north/south line as well.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

~Z~ wrote:Where be it? Former railline going over a creek, and about 50 feet west, believe this line went over a north/south line as well.

There is a Cincinnati Northern bridge on that north/south line not far from this historic bridge
https://goo.gl/maps/ovbm2xnfECvjEFhE8

Good job on finding mine MQT1223

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Michael wrote:

There is a Cincinnati Northern bridge on that north/south line not far from this historic bridge

Hudson, MI. This shot is looking north along Bean Creek from the E. Main Street aka M-34 bridge over that creek. The old ex LS&MS RR over that creek can be seen in the distance. Final run of the remaining passenger train through and with stop at Hudson, the ex LS&MS passenger train between Toledo and Elkhart, was made on November 19, 1956.

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

ConrailDetr​oit wrote:Image20200113_143244 by tcamp7837, on Flickr
On old M-53 north of 29 Mile Road, north of Washington. MI south of Romeo. MI.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I know where this is 8)
railrod1949 wrote:

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

railrod1949 wrote:

Correct

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

ConrailDetr​oit wrote:
railrod1949 wrote:

Correct
The name of the store in the above is the Whistle Stop Liquor Store, Behind the store is the old GTW RR Romeo Sub ROW now the Macomb Orchard Trail. Final run of the remaining old GTW RR passenger train which actually was a mixed train between Pontiac and Richmond with stop in Romeo and Washington, MI, was made on December 31, 1955.

DaveO
Read more, think more, post less

Unread post by DaveO »

No mention that the store is the former GTW Washington Station relocated from West Road?

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Michael wrote:

Thanks for linking to the historic site marker. Actually tried to find that yesterday but ended up empty.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com