Where Is It?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Where Is It?

Unread post by railrod1949 »

Jetlink wrote:
~Z~ wrote:Here's another where be it. I'd have to answer a no if RailRod guesses with the same guess again, but it is indeed in Michigan :)
MPC Cashway lumber Looking south from Grand River Avenue.

Edit to add: This is on the Plymouth sub between Ensel and Grand ledge. Just west of the Capitol City Airport.
Indeed, MPC Cashway Lumber and Building Studio, on the south side of Grand River Avenue, old US-16, just west of the Capitol City Airport, in Watertown Township, Clinton County. Between Ensel and Grand Ledge.
Spur siding north off the CSXT Plymouth Sub. Final run of the remaining passenger trains 11, 12, 14 and 15, the Pere Marquette between Detroit and Grand Rapids were made on April 30, 1971.
Last edited by railrod1949 on Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Where be it? Some clues should be that Pacific Pride refueling station and the loco in the distance.
Attachments
wherebeit88.JPG
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

~Z~ wrote:Where be it? Some clues should be that Pacific Pride refueling station and the loco in the distance.
You mean that loco right there? :wink:
Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 1.31.22 PM.jpg
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

J T wrote:
~Z~ wrote:Where be it? Some clues should be that Pacific Pride refueling station and the loco in the distance.
Ah ha, so JT knows where it is for sure. Any other guessers before JT spills the beans?
Webmaster

PatAzo
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PatAzo »

Covington Rd Kalamazoo.

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

PatAzo wrote:
Covington Rd Kalamazoo.

Covington Road at the CN RR Pavillion Sub crossing, west of S. Sprinkle Road, south of I-94, in Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo County, That Pacific Pride refueling station is owned by the Kalamazoo Fleet Fueling Inc.
Last edited by railrod1949 on Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

~Z~ wrote:
J T wrote:
Ah ha, so JT knows where it is for sure. Any other guessers before JT spills the beans?
I missed your two easy ones from last week. Had to get this one no matter how much searching it took. :D
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

PatAzo wrote:
Covington Rd Kalamazoo.
Correct, we're seeing GDLK switching a local industry here.
Got another one; where be it?
Attachments
wherebeit90.JPG
Webmaster

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

That was the bookstore in Rockford at one time right Z?

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Michael wrote:That was the bookstore in Rockford at one time right Z?
Dunno if that was a bookstore, but that is indeed Rockford. Says it was Choo Choo Law Office, but I see that's closed as well. I'll let someone else take a turn posting a where be it.
Webmaster

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

~Z~ wrote:
Michael wrote:That was the bookstore in Rockford at one time right Z?
Dunno if that was a bookstore, but that is indeed Rockford. Says it was Choo Choo Law Office, but I see that's closed as well. I'll let someone else take a turn posting a where be it.

The law office with the caboose and a passenger coach are both located on the west side of S. Squares Street and east side of the White Pine Rail Trail, just south of E. Bridge Street in downtown Rockford, Kent County.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

The Reading Books Bookstore closed last year
http://rockfordsquire.com/2017/05/04/re ... rs-by-sos/

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

And another easy one. Come on, Z!

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Somewhere in West Michigan where you could once find street running on this industrial spur. Perhaps leaving the little map, along with the directional arrow, will provide some clues.
Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 11.34.21 AM.jpg

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

J T wrote:Somewhere in West Michigan where you could once find street running on this industrial spur. Perhaps leaving the little map, along with the directional arrow, will provide some clues.
Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 11.34.21 AM.jpg
Could you have made that any easier? Hello, Niles MI along Howard and 9th st. geezz..

j/k, i wouldn't have known without the clues. The part in the upper left where you kept "Michigan" but showed it was a very short city name helped.
Webmaster

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Had to throw you a softball after your three recent easy ones. :) However, next time I'll move the "Michigan" over to the far right to make it look like a loooooong city name. :lol:

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

J T wrote:Had to throw you a softball after your three recent easy ones. :) However, next time I'll move the "Michigan" over to the far right to make it look like a loooooong city name. :lol:
Yes, Howard and 9th streets looking southeast. That industrial spur line is south off the NS/Amtrak Michigan Line in Niles, Berrien County, MI

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

railrod1949 wrote:
J T wrote:Had to throw you a softball after your three recent easy ones. :) However, next time I'll move the "Michigan" over to the far right to make it look like a loooooong city name. :lol:
Yes, Howard and 9th streets looking southeast.
Right. Zack already identified it above. :)

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Where be it? Was browsing around looking for JTs and stumbled on this place:
Attachments
wherebeit89.JPG
Webmaster

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

~Z~ wrote:Where be it? Was browsing around looking for JTs and stumbled on this place:
Still in the Niles, MI area?