Where Is It?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Where Is It?

Unread post by railrod1949 »

AARR wrote:I'll let 1949 tell us the last passenger train and school district :wink:
Pixl wrote:Wow, that was fast, only 15 minutes. Yes correct.

Ok, AAR, thanks! Yes, indeed, it's the Grayling loop , at the Grayling Airfield, off the former NYC RR Mackinaw Branch, now the LSRC, north of Grayling, in the Crawford Ausable Schools district, Grayling Township, Crawford County. The last passenger train, through Grayling, old NYC RR passenger train nos. 394/395, the Beeliner, between Bay City and mackinaw City, was made on September 4, 1962.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

This image is from 2011. The rail inside the fence is gone now and the rails in the road have been covered in asphalt.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Is that the CR lead to AA&M? I don't recall the name of the street.
Michael wrote:This image is from 2011. The rail inside the fence is gone now and the rails in the road have been covered in asphalt.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

No. Not on CR
AARR wrote:Is that the CR lead to AA&M? I don't recall the name of the street.
Michael wrote:This image is from 2011. The rail inside the fence is gone now and the rails in the road have been covered in asphalt.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Is it on CSX's Detroit Sub?
Michael wrote:Is that the CR lead to AA&M? No. Not on CR
This image is from 2011. The rail inside the fence is gone now and the rails in the road have been covered in asphalt.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

AARR wrote:Is it on CSX's Detroit Sub?

Somewhere off the CN Holly Sub near Holbrook Avenue.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

1949 might be correct about it being Holbrook. Is that the old spur to AA&M off CN’ Holly Sub?
railrod1949 wrote:
AARR wrote:Is it on CSX's Detroit Sub?

Somewhere off the CN Holly Sub near Holbrook Avenue.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Not off CN either. I think the customer was behind the photo across the street and those rails inside the fence have also been gone awhile.
Sorry AARR, I missed your post. Yes it is CSX

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Michael wrote:Not off CN either. I think the customer was behind the photo across the street and those rails inside the fence have also been gone awhile.
Sorry AARR, I missed your post. Yes it is CSX
Somewhere off the CSX's West Detroit Branch that's originates from Oak Yard, in Detroit. I think Conrail Detroit will know.

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

Is was part of the CSX until the track removed and became a parking lot on both sides of the crossing. This scene looks quite different in the present day.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Is this to the Chrysler Engine Plant, formerly Detroit Diesel?

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Not there, however that is a plant for an automotive parts supplier.

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

ConrailDetr​oit wrote:Not there, however that is a plant for an automotive parts supplier.
Is the automotive parts supplier plant somewhere between the south end of the CSX's West Detroit Branch and the north shore of the Detroit River?

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Somewhere west of Livernois and south of Schoolcraft.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Despite the good hints I haven't found it yet :?

80mac
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by 80mac »

ConrailDetr​oit wrote:Somewhere west of Livernois and south of Schoolcraft.
It's the crossing on Glendale St. between Westwood St. and Artesian St. Behind the CP Rail intermodal yard.

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

80mac wrote:
ConrailDetr​oit wrote:Somewhere west of Livernois and south of Schoolcraft.
It's the crossing on Glendale St. between Westwood St. and Artesian St. Behind the CP Rail intermodal yard.
Indeed, it's Glendale Street in the foreground between Artesian Street on the left and Westwood Street on the right. That shot above is looking south toward the CP Rail Intermodal Yard, at Oak Yard, on the CSX's West Detroit Branch. The building at the left is Kamps Pallets, Inc. which the maker of pallets (skids). The former rail customer behind the picture taker is Martinrea. All in the northeast vicinity of I-96 and evergreen Road in Detroit, Wayne County.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Good job guys.

This ROW goes back to the 1830's and the portion in this photo was used up until the 1970's under the name PENN CENTRAL

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Manchester?
Michael wrote:Good job guys.

This ROW goes back to the 1830's and the portion in this photo was used up until the 1970's under the name PENN CENTRAL

srjason
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by srjason »

Just SE (by ~50 feet) of the intersection of W 3rd and Adams St. in Monroe, MI. The 1830s hint narrowed it way down. Also for the regulars, do the pics have to be from Michigan or can they be anywhere in the Great Lakes (or further away)?
Michael wrote:Good job guys.