Where Is It?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Where Is It?

Unread post by AARR »

Cass County is in SW MI along the IN border.

So its not between Coldwater and Sturgis? How about somewhere on the WMI?
GreatLakesRailfan wrote:Cass County? Isn't that in Indiana? It's not from Indiana.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

AARR wrote:Cass County is in SW MI along the IN border.

So its not between Coldwater and Sturgis? How about somewhere on the WMI?
You're thinking too big. Think much smaller. This track removal was at least vaguely covered on this site, I think. Probably in the location update threads.
~ Charles W.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

I'm gonna say part of the old C&O between Greenville and Lowell or the GT between the Kent/Ionia County line and Ionia.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

This one is driving me nuts, who the hell would re-hab a rail line with new ballast, then pull up the rails before the weeds have a chance to grow. The light standards on the hill aren't much of a clue, could be almost anywhere.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I'm going to agree with MQT1223 and guess between Lowell and Greenville. The line was rehabbed at one point for the appliance traffic from Greenville.
MQT1223 wrote:I'm gonna say part of the old C&O between Greenville and Lowell or the GT between the Kent/Ionia County line and Ionia.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

To my knowledge, this wasn't part of a Class 1 main line. It's close to a current CSX "mainline" (or at least what passes for such in this state) and not that far from CN's mainline between Chicago and Toronto.
~ Charles W.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

I hadn't checked out the location on Google's map site. Apparently this was a tail track for an industry, not the connecting spur I thought it was.
~ Charles W.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Is it Port Huron, Flint or Lansing?
GreatLakesRailfan wrote:To my knowledge, this wasn't part of a Class 1 main line. It's close to a current CSX "mainline" (or at least what passes for such in this state) and not that far from CN's mainline between Chicago and Toronto.

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by railrod1949 »

AARR wrote:Is it Port Huron, Flint or Lansing?
GreatLakesRailfan wrote:To my knowledge, this wasn't part of a Class 1 main line. It's close to a current CSX "mainline" (or at least what passes for such in this state) and not that far from CN's mainline between Chicago and Toronto.

The coal tail track off the C&O Ry just west of Farm Lane Road on MSU campus, East Lansing, East Lansing School District, Ingham County. That shot above is looking east toward Farm Lane Road from the Recycling Drive on the MSU campus, East Lansing. Amtrak trains 364/365 operating between Port Huron and Chicago on the CN Flint Sub with stops at the new East Lansing Amtrak Station on the west side of Harrison Road with train 365 stop at 8:45am every morning westbound and train 364 stops at 8:54pm every evening eastbound.
Last edited by railrod1949 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

AARR wrote:I'm going to agree with MQT1223 and guess between Lowell and Greenville. The line was rehabbed at one point for the appliance traffic from Greenville.
MQT1223 wrote:I'm gonna say part of the old C&O between Greenville and Lowell or the GT between the Kent/Ionia County line and Ionia.
So I take it this isn't it? This is a darn good guess.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

MQT1223 wrote: So I take it this isn't it? This is a darn good guess.
Weak.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Pixl wrote:
Weak.
I got no replies so I had no idea. Harsh response...

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

MQT1223 wrote:
Pixl wrote:
Weak.
Postby GreatLakesRailfan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:15 pm

To my knowledge, this wasn't part of a Class 1 main line. It's close to a current CSX "mainline" (or at least what passes for such in this state) and not that far from CN's mainline between Chicago and Toronto.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Grrr....Rodney got it. Taken from Recycling Drive after leaving the show at MSU last fall. Here's the view looking the other way: Image
~ Charles W.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

That was an excellent one GLR. I never would have gotten it. Even now as I look at the aerial I can not tell that is the spot.
GreatLakesRailfan wrote:Grrr....Rodney got it. Taken from Recycling Drive after leaving the show at MSU last fall. Here's the view looking the other way: Image

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

My guess was weak :lol:
MQT1223 wrote:
Pixl wrote:
Weak.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Anyone know this location?

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Michael wrote:Anyone know this location?
Just a wild guess, but is it near Rives Junction?
~ Charles W.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

You are the Man, 1949 (high-five) and that's not weak :lol:
railrod1949 wrote:
AARR wrote:Is it Port Huron, Flint or Lansing?

The coal tail track off the C&O Ry just west of Farm Lane Road on MSU campus, East Lansing, East Lansing School District, Ingham County. That shot above is looking east toward Farm Lane Road from the Recycling Drive on the MSU campus, East Lansing. Amtrak trains 364/365 operating between Port Huron and Chicago on the CN Flint Sub with stops at the new East Lansing Amtrak Station on the west side of Harrison Road with train 365 stop at 8:45am every morning westbound and train 364 stops at 8:54pm every evening eastbound.

Buster Manning
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Buster Manning »

Michael wrote:Anyone know this location?
Garfield Road looking west, west of Coldwater.