Where Is It?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)

Re: Where Is It?

Unread postby PatAzo » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:29 pm

Saturnalia wrote: it is totally normal to run trains across, say the Waterlevel or on the GTW with only one unit.

Watch the CN trains and while they might have 2-3 units, it not uncommon to see only one on line.
PatAzo
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby Pixl » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:02 pm

Pixl wrote: It also looks like a long train to have just one engine.

Up here in Traverse City where we are "train starved" my comment comes from the rail action I often see with two engines pulling one car. I could guess on the reasons this happens but it is quite a contrast to seeing a 40 to 90 car train with one engine.
Pixl
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread postby Michael » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:38 pm

Somewhere in the Bay City/Saginaw area.
Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby Pixl » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:00 pm

Michael wrote:Somewhere in the Bay City/Saginaw area.

Michael, I see a truck loading ramp on that building, but where is the railroad element in the picture?
Pixl
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread postby Michael » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:26 pm

Double tracks passed on the left side of this building. I was hoping to find out if it ever was served by rail

Pixl wrote:

Michael, I see a truck loading ramp on that building, but where is the railroad element in the picture?
Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby AARR » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:57 pm

Is this on the old line between Meredith Jct. and Hoyt? CMGN was the last operator of the line.
Michael wrote:Double tracks passed on the left side of this building. I was hoping to find out if it ever was served by rail

Pixl wrote:

PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread postby GreatLakesRailfan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:13 am

The homes in the background look like Zilwaukee, but if that's where it is, I don't know much about the history in that area.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby Michael » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:52 am

Yes. The Belt Line

AARR wrote:Is this on the old line between Meredith Jct. and Hoyt? CMGN was the last operator of the line.

Michael wrote:Double tracks passed on the left side of this building. I was hoping to find out if it ever was served by rail
Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby AARR » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:40 am

Is Atwater Street on the right?
Michael wrote:Is this on the old line between Meredith Jct. and Hoyt? CMGN was the last operator of the line. Yes. The Belt Line
Double tracks passed on the left side of this building. I was hoping to find out if it ever was served by rail

PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread postby Michael » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:25 am

Sorry. Actually the west side Saginaw Belt line.
Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby AARR » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:39 am

Is that Durand St. on the right?
Michael wrote:Is Atwater Street on the right? Sorry. Actually the west side Saginaw Belt line.
Michael wrote:
Is this on the old line between Meredith Jct. and Hoyt? CMGN was the last operator of the line. Yes. The Belt Line

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread postby railrod1949 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:37 am

AARR wrote:Is that Durand St. on the right?
Michael wrote:Is Atwater Street on the right? Sorry. Actually the west side Saginaw Belt line.
Michael wrote:
Is this on the old line between Meredith Jct. and Hoyt? CMGN was the last operator of the line. Yes. The Belt Line

Got it! 1420 Hancock Street, S. Bates Street on the right, Court Street behind the building and Hancock Street in the foreground, all in Saginaw, Saginaw School District the City of, Saginaw County. Looking southwest along the former C&O Railway's West Side Belt Line toward Fordney, where the Saginaw Railway Museum is located. The Belt Line ran between Mershon and Fordney.
Last edited by railrod1949 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby Michael » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:53 am

Good job Rodney
Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby Michael » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:25 am

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby ConrailDetr​oit » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:49 am

Looks like Four Mile Lake.
ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby railrod1949 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:20 pm

Michael wrote:Image

Yes. that's Dexter-Chelsea Road at the NS/Amtrak Michigan Line crossing, looking east. About a mile east of Chelsea, in the Chelsea School District, Lima Township, Washtenaw County. Chelsea Grain can be seen at the far left. The area in the above shot have a Chelsea, MI 48118. That blue building at the far right is the Abrasive Finishing.
railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby PatAzo » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:14 pm

PatAzo
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby AARR » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:12 pm

GDLK going north approaching Grand Rapids Yard (Hughart)?
PatAzo wrote:Image
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread postby PatAzo » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:07 pm

AARR wrote:GDLK going north approaching Grand Rapids Yard (Hughart)?
PatAzo wrote:Image

It's similar to a view arriving at Hugart from a few weeks ago, but not this time.
PatAzo
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby MQT1223 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:53 pm

While the Grand Elk shot continues to make people scratch their heads, I'll throw this one into the ring.
Attachments
Interurban Bridge.JPG
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)
MQT1223
MQT1223

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat Babble Room