Where Is It?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
DaveO
Read more, think more, post less

Re: Where Is It?

Unread post by DaveO »

ConrailDetr​oit wrote:Yes in Detroit
Post Street on the NS Union Belt

blueheron13
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by blueheron13 »

I think it is Post St. But why would there be autoracks on Boat Yard line?
Amateur railfan trying to become a real railfan since 2017.

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

Correct. Empty Autoracks being stored at the Reserve Yard. Perhaps finished auto shipments are down.

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by railrod1949 »

ConrailDetr​oit wrote:Correct. Empty Autoracks being stored at the Reserve Yard. Perhaps finished auto shipments are down.
Yup, it's S. Post Street, Detroit, Wayne County, looking north crossing the CSX/NS Union Belt main tracks between Delray and the old NS Boat Yard. Final runs of the old N&W Railway passenger train nos. 301/304, The Wabash, between Detroit FSUD and St. Louis, MO and the old C&O Railway passenger trains 11,12,14, and 15 between Detroit FSUD and Grand Rapids. were all made on April 30, 1971.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Where be it? Appears the building on the right still has tracks next to it,located on the other side of the building in this picture.
Attachments
wherebeit110.JPG
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Is it on the GDLK?
~Z~ wrote:Where be it? Appears the building on the right still has tracks next to it,located on the other side of the building in this picture.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Not on the GDLK.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

How about MQT just north of Grand Rapids?
~Z~ wrote:Where be it? Appears the building on the right still has tracks next to it,located on the other side of the building in this picture.
Is it on the GDLK? Not on the GDLK.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

Hint - Its a town with two railroads.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

With the help of GTW's hint I'll guess Holly
GTW6401 wrote:How about MQT just north of Grand Rapids? Hint - Its a town with two railroads.
Where be it? Appears the building on the right still has tracks next to it,located on the other side of the building in this picture.
Is it on the GDLK? Not on the GDLK.

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

Holly it is.

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

ConrailDetr​oit wrote:Holly it is.
At south end of John Street, south of Martha Street, northwest of the Holly Union Depot., Holly, Oakland County.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I'd never have guessed without the GTW's hint 8)
railrod1949 wrote:
ConrailDetr​oit wrote:Holly it is.
At south end of John Street, south of Martha Street, northwest of the Holly Union Depot., Holly, Oakland County.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

That MOW building has been there since I can remember. The tracks next to it are old lumber Spurs later used for MOW equipment. The switch was recently removed for these tracks, their future uncertain. I used to be able to see that area from an apartment I lived in for a few years with my dad as a small kid. Wonderful view I had for a few years as a kid watching both lines.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

Where these be?
depotengine.jpg
depotengine2.jpg
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

Standard Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Standard Railfan »

Jochs wrote:Where these be?
depotengine.jpg
depotengine2.jpg
It appears we are looking at the depot in Kaleva, MI along with the former M&NE/PM switcher that was used on the Leelenau Senic RR.

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Standard Railfan wrote:
depotengine.jpg
depotengine2.jpg
It appears we are looking at the depot in Kaleva, MI along with the former M&NE/PM switcher that was used on the Leelenau Senic RR.
it's definitely Kaleva, MI along with the former M&NE/PM/later C&O railroad line, looking south in the top shot and looking north in the bottom shot. That depot in these shots above was served by the remaining C&O Railway passenger train nos. 25/26 that ran between Grand Rapids and Traverse City daily except Sundays until its final run October 29, 1966.. Its between Manistee and Traverse City. In Kaleva, Maple Grove Township, Manistee County. Please note the passenger train that ran from Manistee, make a reverse move to the Kaleva depot to let and take on passengers and than headed north to Traverse City. On its southward rujn the pull in and stop at the depot and than made a back up move and then headed southwest to Manistee. and Grand Rapids.

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

Standard Railfan wrote:
depotengine.jpg
depotengine2.jpg
Correct! Here are some more photos:
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Standard Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Standard Railfan »

North Lincoln Road, Escanaba, MI. Looking West along the former Chicago & North Western connection to the former P&H crane factory. The factory is now an industrial park which includes the Escanaba & Lake Superior car maintenance plant.