Where Is It?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Where Is It?

Unread post by railrod1949 »

East side of US-131 over the Grand Elk track to the Otsego Paper Mill. Just north of Plainwell, in the Plainwell Community Schools district, Gunplain Township, Allegan County. Plainwell, MI 49080.
Last edited by railrod1949 on Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Marlette.

Michael wrote:On the HESR in the thumb
GreatLakesRailfan wrote:This is an active mystery location?
Ugh, when I first saw it earlier I misread the post, thinking it was another shot from Hamburg...but it kinda looks like Durand.
Michael wrote: Image
~ Charles W.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

railrod1949 wrote:
Michael wrote:It is not Munger

Brown City on M-90; Croswell or Carsonville. Or is at the end of the track on HESR.
There's no elevator in Carsonville anymore, Rodney. It's a thrift store or something now. Most of the tall stuff came down a decade or so ago (hard to believe it's really been that long).
~ Charles W.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I think Michael said this picture is from 2008 so the building in the background may have still been an elevator back then
GreatLakesRailfan wrote:
railrod1949 wrote:
Michael wrote:It is not Munger

Brown City on M-90; Croswell or Carsonville. Or is at the end of the track on HESR.
There's no elevator in Carsonville anymore, Rodney. It's a thrift store or something now. Most of the tall stuff came down a decade or so ago (hard to believe it's really been that long).
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Burb8145
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Burb8145 »

railrod1949 wrote:East side of US-131 over the Grand Elk track to the Otsego Paper Mill. Just north of Plainwell.
Correct.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
-Red Green

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

AARR wrote:I think Michael said this picture is from 2008 so the building in the background may have still been an elevator back then

It's not Carsonville. This is what was left of the elevator in 2014. It's nothing like the elevator in the picture.
~ Charles W.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

All the guesses are wrong so far. The elevator is still there just not an active customer anymore ( I could be wrong)
Does this view help?

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Michael wrote:All the guesses are wrong so far. The elevator is still there just not an active customer anymore ( I could be wrong)
Does this view help?
Yes, it is Michael, found it finally! Unionville looking east on M-25 toward downtown Unionville and the intersection with M-24 in the Unionville-Sebewaing Area School district, Tuscola County.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

What is the town between Palms and Ruth? Minden City? That's my guess.
Michael wrote:All the guesses are wrong so far. The elevator is still there just not an active customer anymore ( I could be wrong)
Does this view help?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

railrod1949 wrote:
Does this view help?
Yes, it is Michael, found it finally! Unionville looking east on M-25 toward downtown Unionville and the intersection with M-24 in the Unionville-Sebewaing Area School district, Tuscola County.
Rodney's got it. The last time I was up there, that elevator was a lot more overgrown than it was in Michael's Google photos. I think it was also shut down, whereas it was open back in 2008ish.
~ Charles W.

Burb8145
Railroadfan...fan

This is somewhere in one of Michigan's largest cities and the track photographed here is used by Amtrak, among other trains.
-Red Green

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Burb8145 wrote:This is somewhere in one of Michigan's largest cities and the track photographed here is used by Amtrak, among other trains.
W. 12th Street and Hammerberg Road, looking south between I-75 and I-475, just south of the I-69 interchange with Hammerberg Road. Amtrak Train#365 departed Flint five minutes ago. 44 minutes late.
Last edited by railrod1949 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

This is somewhere in one of Michigan's largest cities and the track photographed here is used by Amtrak, among other trains.
12th Street and Hammerberg Road. Flint

Burb8145
Railroadfan...fan

railrod1949 wrote:
Burb8145 wrote:This is somewhere in one of Michigan's largest cities and the track photographed here is used by Amtrak, among other trains.
W. 12th Street and Hammerberg Road, looking south between I-75 and I-475, just south of the I-69 interchange with Hammerberg Road. Amtrak Train#365 departed Flint five minutes ago. 44 minutes late.
GTW6401 wrote:
Both of you got it, I never thought it would be this easy.

Here's a tricky one for you. Many years ago there were tracks where the path going off into the horizon is.
-Red Green

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Burb8145 wrote:
railrod1949 wrote:
GTW6401 wrote:
Both of you got it, I never thought it would be this easy.

Here's a tricky one for you. Many years ago there were tracks where the path going off into the horizon is.
Fred Meijer Trail, looking north from the E. Market Street crossing, two blocks south of the Flat River, east of Lafayette Blvd. (M-91) all in Greenville. Former C&O and Mid Michigan railroads.
Last edited by railrod1949 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mark F
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Mark F »

Found it. Hint: Those are the bollards on the Fred Meijer Heartland Trail. This is on one of the newer sections of the trail.

Burb8145
Railroadfan...fan

railrod1949 wrote:Fred Meijer Trail, looking north from the E. Market Street crossing, two blocks south of the Flat River, east of Lafayette Blvd. (M-91) all in Greenville. Former C&O and Mid Michigan railroads.
You got it...and I thought it was going to be tricky.

Well, here's an actually tricky one. Only one hint for now: northern Michigan.
-Red Green

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Burb8145 wrote:
railrod1949 wrote:Fred Meijer Trail, looking north from the E. Market Street crossing, two blocks south of the Flat River, east of Lafayette Blvd. (M-91) all in Greenville. Former C&O and Mid Michigan railroads.

Somewhere on the LSRC between West Branch and Grayling.

Burb8145
Railroadfan...fan

railrod1949 wrote:
Burb8145 wrote:Well, here's an actually tricky one. Only one hint for now: northern Michigan.
Somewhere on the LSRC between West Branch and Grayling.
Nope. This shot is further west.
-Red Green

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by AANscaleRunner »

Burb8145 wrote:

Great Lakes Central between Cadillac and Yuma.