Gas price patition

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Gas price patition

Unread post by patrick »

REMEMBER, you MUST be 18 to sign this and have it count. anyone from ANY state can use this link for a federal patition to CAP gas prices.

http://www.michigan.gov/som/0,1607,7-19 ... --,00.html

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Or we could spend our time and efforts into alternative energy... I'd really like to see fusion technology take shape....get it so electricity is very very cheap to make and hold...then power everything using electric motors.... That cheap electricity could be used to split water into hydrogen...cheap hydrogen for cars/trains.... I heard that compared to last year, we Americans are spending $220 million more PER DAY this year than we were last year on gasoline. That $220 million MORE...not total.... get a whole bunch of fusion plants on line....we'd be all set :) They have one prototype working in Japan at least...
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

Its going to be hard to get alternitive energy to stick because the Goverment hasnt found a way to tax it yet, and oil companies buy up any patents on alternitives to their gasoline powered machines. Till people get fed up which they are starting too. things wont change we will just bend over and take it.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Wait a second. A price ceiling on gasoline? Isn't that what happened a few years back when OPEC restricted the amount of oil they'd sell and the result here was lines at the gas pumps as well as strange breeds of electric locomotives? (ok, more than a few years, I'm thinking of the '70s...).