A Lower Laker Easter

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
BB
Railroadfan...fan

A Lower Laker Easter

Unread post by BB »

My grandma gave me a ride home in her Mustang after being there for Easter and the US 31 draw bridge was open for the FRED R. WHITE JR. to pass through. So I get home to get the car and find the freighter already over by Martin Marietta. Decide to get some pictures on top of the hill along Manistee Lake and lo and behold sits the McKEE SONS unloading coal at the Seng dock next to the old General Chemical building.

Here's the FRED WHITE passing the McKEE SONS on its way to the Tondu power plant. This is the second time now that two freighter's are in town at once and the shipping season just started here last week.

The tracks to PCA are at the bottom of the picture.

A string of lime cars are in the background.

Passing Martin Marietta.

The Martin Marietta industrial switcher is in front of the tank cars and behind the red pick up truck.

They make the turn in Manistee Lake and back up to the dock. (not very visible)

This one shows the freighter a little better.

Sunset behind the PCA paper mill.

Here's where the freighters dock at Tondu which the power plant is behind the trees.

One last one.

Hope you've enjoyed another shipping report.
MQT Rail pictures at [url=http://bbarch_railfan.rrpicturearchives.net/default.aspx]RRPictureArchives.NET[/url]
Brandon

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

Great pictures BB. I really like those ones of the sun setting on the PCA plant

BB
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BB »

Thanks Gregg!!

The Fred White actually brought coal for PCA.
MQT Rail pictures at [url=http://bbarch_railfan.rrpicturearchives.net/default.aspx]RRPictureArchives.NET[/url]
Brandon

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

Hey with Chicken S*** Xpress gone Marquette should try to get the coal contracts away from those darn ships.

All it would take, besides a miracle, would be a train of drop bottom coal cars, a pit in the tracks and a conveyor.

With Marquette's ability to meet customer demands maybe a possiblity? What do you think?
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.