Honda looking at Wixom

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Honda looking at Wixom

Unread post by CAT345C »

Well, this is a inside rumor from Ford, where my dad works, its going around that Honda will be taking a tour of the Ford wixom plant which is on the CSX Sag Sub, and the only main spot besides flint that the CSX has north of Plymouth. Ford makes the Licoln, hense the name of the yard, and the GT40 (Mach 1 which are hand made not sent by train). I would be okay with a foreign company as long as the rail service is kept.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

MMRR-24
Shortline Fan

Unread post by MMRR-24 »

@#*^ those foriegn companies, where's the good old AMERICAN MADE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Honda?! BAH!
All well, it is the things to come...................................
At least it keeps people employed.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

MMRR-24, politics is one thing you would do good to stay away from. Can you show me some fact some where that Honda's arnt American Made. Last time I looked, most of the Honda's are built and "MADE" right here in OHIO, and last I checked, (or at least that is what MY drivers licence says), is that OHIO is in the USA, and OHIO is American. I have high dobughts that all they have working in the plant is people from overseas.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

sd70accsxt700 wrote:MMRR-24, politics is one thing you would do good to stay away from. Can you show me some fact some where that Honda's arnt American Made. Last time I looked, most of the Honda's are built and "MADE" right here in OHIO, and last I checked, (or at least that is what MY drivers licence says), is that OHIO is in the USA, and OHIO is American. I have high dobughts that all they have working in the plant is people from overseas.
Yes. Marysville, OH to be exact.

Stitch
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Stitch »

Not much is truely "American" made anymore.
Railpictures.net contributions -
Railroad Picture Archives.net - http://crow_t_robot.rrpicturearchives.net/
http://www.youtube.com/user/Spawn674 - I need a better video camera

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

Yes its true, my dad does the CAD for the cars, his place sends stuff to a place called Fuju (not the camera) in japan that does half of their stuff.
But, I will never by foreign give me Chevy Ford or Dodge.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Ummmm isint Doge foreigen, by way of Chrystler/Dimhler(SP)?

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

Yes that is true how ever GERMANY is not contributing to our lose of jobs, its South East Asia, like Honda and Nissan, and Toyota. I will only buy in order, 1. GMC Trucks, 2. Ford Trucks, 3. Dodge Trucks. and thats it. No foriegn crap

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

UMMMMMMMMMMM last Dodge I had from work.......... engine made in Canada..........transmission made in Mexico........ maybee North american made??????????????????
Toyota...........Honda ...........Others.........lots of parts made in America and assembled in America. If I did some research would probably come up with some better answers.........
Its a World economy now, we will have to get used to it.. Compition is better for everybody. If you are not flexiable you will be left behind...

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

I will make myself more clear, I will only buy cars that have world headquarters in the United States, or Michgian (GM, FORD). I think its cause my whole family works for GM or Ford.

MMRR-24
Shortline Fan

Unread post by MMRR-24 »

I am saying, we need companies who have their HQ in the U.S, all manufacturing in the U.S. and owned by an AMERICAN COMPANY!

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

and I'm saying politics and stuff of that nature dosen't belong here, especially from such a young person. when you have more life under your belt, then come talk to me about politics...either way it has NO place here..for YOUR future reference.

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

As much as I would like to add a pair of pennies to this thread.....I won't.
I will say though, that if Honda does look at the plant and does buy it, we should be thankful for it, because the people who work there will be able to keep their jobs.

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

I'm saying politics and stuff of that nature dosen't belong here
I agree Politics is an explosive subject BUT isnt this an off topic forum??????????????????????????? Do we want it in the model rr forum?????????
If political threads bother you dont read them Patrick. Free speach is a first amendment right! This isnt China yet

I love politics and if more people were more informed and interested in politics. THis State wouldnt be in the state it is. Where uninformed voters go to the polls and vote for sombody they Know nothing about, But he/she makes them feel good...... Look deep into their record/past history before making a vote

I think its great young people are interested in politics. Keep the interest because you are our future.

This is a free country with free speech and I trust that Zack is aware this is an off subject chit chat area and that opens it up to these kinds of post. And I have no problem reading them and responding to them if I so choose, but I wont go telling other people what they can or cant post or attacking their point of view, and if I have a differing opinion I will research it and back it up with facts and let the debate begin.

GOD BLESS THE USA

I will get off the soap box now and let others have there say

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Thank you Scott.

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

Okay, Gregg, summed up my view which I may have failed to say in the begining, I don't care what type of company, takes the old plant, as long as the rail service is still used I think all of us are happy. My views on Car companies is my own view. I'm not gonna chew some one out or not talk to them if they drive a honda, or toyota. If someone has a different view on something I bring up, please feel free to email me chucktab@aol.com The last think I want to do is bring a controversy to this board.

Thank you,
Michael R. Tabone[/quote]

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

no.. in my oppion.. politics has zero place on these website...

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

VERY well said Scott.
I do think that it is an okay subject for this particular board, as long as it doesn't get too nasty.

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

I want to thank those of you who took a thread about a automanufacturer coming into a old ford plant.. and turning it into something else... thats the kind of stuff I expect...from a Boardhost site... offtopic or not... politics has no place on the site.... thes my oppion....the end.

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

no.. in my oppion.. politics has zero place on these website
Thats your opinion Patrick and you are free to express it, but some people might find the Daily motion site offensive or in-appropriate........ Does that mean we should attack you or tell you it has no place on this site???????
If things get out of hand I am sure Zack will take care of it like he has in the past..... Again this is for off subject and I think Zack gives us alot of leway on this board and in the off subject area and that is what makes this site what it is........ everybodies thoughts and opinions. when you eliminate that...... you remember what happened to the shortlines board??????? that still hasnt recovered..... Lets welcome good and different points of view,and watch this site grow like crazy.

Peace brother :D