Small tornado Jackson

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Small tornado Jackson

Unread post by Scooterb »

Had a small tornado touchdown in Leoni twp a little after 6:00 pm tonight headed out to see if I could get any pics of it but was too late, did get some damage shots and if Michigan Ave hadnt been blocked by trees I may have got Amtrak hitting one on the trees, as fire department dispatch was notifieing (Conrail) NS dispatch about the tree then hearing the Grass Lake detector going off as we were detouring to the north I told my wife they wernt going to be stopping, then NS dispatch was notifieing Amtrak that they were notified of the wrong mile post, Amtrak came on the radio said problem taken care of we just hit the tree and its gone.
They came to a stop to check the train , and proceeded to Jackson slow.
Numerouse trees uprooted and damaged, some lying on homes. Minor structure damage.

Eric Berger
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Eric Berger »

NWS GRR reports the following:

2305 UTC SEVERAL TREES DOWN. REPORTED BY FIRE DEPARTMENT AS POSSIBLE TORNADO. (GRR)

It's being listed under Wind Damage right now, with speed listed as Unknown. 42 24W 84 27N (Leoni, Jackson County.)
"From a really tall tower, in the middle of a really big field..."

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

It sure looked like tornado damage shall see what there final determination is........... damage line 1,000 feet wide or less going to the north east for several miles from Page Ave- Noon rd. Northeast to Mount Hope Rd- I94 hundereds of trees damaged or down or uprooted. Damage to some homes shingle blown off soffits damaged. My estimate F-1 - F-0.

News report.
http://www.mlive.com/news/jacitpat/inde ... xml&coll=3