Photo shop questions?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Photo shop questions?

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Ok all you photo shop guys, I am finding out that this program that came with my digital camera, can do more things than I though. And it works good for my scans of the slides to. But the question I have is there a peticular order that you should do things in? Like should I despecal first then sharpen, followed by resizeing, ect., or how should it go so I dont have to do thing over again. It seams to me if I sharpen, then adjust somthing else, I have to go back and resharpen.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: Photo shop questions?

Unread post by ~Z~ »

sd70accsxt700 wrote:Ok all you photo shop guys, I am finding out that this program that came with my digital camera, can do more things than I though. And it works good for my scans of the slides to. But the question I have is there a peticular order that you should do things in? Like should I despecal first then sharpen, followed by resizeing, ect., or how should it go so I dont have to do thing over again. It seams to me if I sharpen, then adjust somthing else, I have to go back and resharpen.

hmm...definately depends on what version of photoshop you have..not sure what options you have. Generally when editting, I'll start with using the levels adjustment, or "auto levels", changing the curves(which you may need to do), then "hue/saturation" to change saturation a bit on some photos, then brightness/contrast. At this point, instead of sharpening, i use "unsharp mask", followed by rotating the image CW or CCW if needed. Use the crop feature at this point to frame the image as you need to, then resize at the end. Hit save as to save the new file and not replace the old one...that way if you mess up, you can always re-edit the original.
Anyone else do these steps differently or have different steps?
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

Resize or crop last that way you are getting use of all your pixels.
as you crop resize you normally will have to sharpen as the size of your picture gets smaller.