Where Is It?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Where Is It?

Unread post by Michael »

Wow. You guys figured out the exact location of a train in a Bob Ross painting! It really makes my photos seems pathetically easy in comparison :lol:

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:Wow. You guys figured out the exact location of a train in a Bob Ross painting! It really makes my photos seems pathetically easy in comparison :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Happy little trains :lol:

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

There used to be a bridge across this road just past the intersection. I assume that is the remains of the bridge on the left from 1926.
2 railroads served this town. I think the bridge lasted until the early 70's?

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by railrod1949 »

Michael wrote:There used to be a bridge across this road just past the intersection. I assume that is the remains of the bridge on the left from 1926.
SE, SW, NW or NE Michigan or the da UP?

ThatRailfanningKid
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ThatRailfanningKid »

Addison, on Mason street?
Evan

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

ThatRailfanningKid wrote:Addison, on Mason street?

Close

PatAzo
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PatAzo »

Michael wrote:There used to be a bridge across this road just past the intersection. I assume that is the remains of the bridge on the left from 1926.
S. Church St in Hudson MI. Railroads were the Cincinnati Northern and the LS&MS.

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

PatAzo wrote:
S. Church St in Hudson MI. Railroads were the Cincinnati Northern and the LS&MS.
Yes, confirmed. It's S. Church Street, just south of and beyond Division Street, where the old Cincinnati Northern RR later NYC) bridge over S. Church Street, was located. Thompson Memorial Park can be seem on the left. The shot above is looking south toward the Ohio border. Its south of M-34 and east of US-127. All in Hudson, Hudson Area Schools District, Lenawee County. The old LS&MS RR line ran through the north side of town. That area in that shot above have a Hudson, MI 49247 mailing address.
Last edited by railrod1949 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Good jobs guys!
Here is another one. Rail trail on the right side. Only a mile from an active line
Last edited by Michael on Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PatAzo
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PatAzo »

This might be easy.

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

Michael wrote:Good jobs guys!
Here is another one. Rail trail on the right side. Only a mile from an active line
Hillsdale right on the perimeter of the park. Follow the trail and you will end up down town near the current railroad's shops.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Petoskey?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

4 minutes! :D
Jetlink wrote:
Hillsdale right on the perimeter of the park. Follow the trail and you will end up down town near the current railroad's shops.

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Michael wrote:4 minutes! :D
Jetlink wrote:
Yes, it's Hillsdale, looking northwest along Lakeview Dr., toward downtown Hillsdale, which is a mile to the Indiana Northeastern RR and its shops. All in Hillsdale, Hillsdale Community Schools District, Hillsdale County. Baw Beese Lake and Lakeside Park can be seem on the left and Baw Beese Trail (formerly the ROW of the part of the exNYC RR The Old Road) can be seem on the right. The Old Road (railroad) ran between Toledo, OH and Elkhart, IN, Hillsdale is also the of the Hillsdale College. Baw Beese Trail now run between Hillsdale and Osseo. The area in the above shot have a Hillsdale, MI 49242 address.

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

PatAzo wrote:This might be easy.

Yes, that's Walnut Avenue, looking south, along the Marquette Rails, toward White Cloud, in the White Cloud Public Schools District, Wilcox Township, Newaygo County. That area have a White Cloud, MI 49349 address.
Last edited by railrod1949 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Between Walhalla and Manistee?

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

railrod1949 wrote:

Somewhere on Marquette Rails
Woah, careful with that leap of faith! :lol:

Just north of White Cloud on Walnut Ave

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.5729156 ... a=!3m1!1e3
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

railrod1949 wrote:
Michael wrote:4 minutes! :D

Yes, it's Hillsdale, looking northwest along Lakeview Dr., toward downtown Hillsdale, which is a mile to the Indiana Northeastern RR and its shops. All in Hillsdale, Hillsdale Community Schools District, Hillsdale County. Baw Beese Lake and Lakeside Park can be seem on the left and Baw Beese Trail (formerly the ROW of the part of the exNYC RR The Old Road) can be seem on the right. The Old Road (railroad) ran between Toledo, OH and Elkhart, IN, Hillsdale is also the of the Hillsdale College. Baw Beese Trail now run between Hillsdale and Osseo. The area in the above shot have a Hillsdale, MI 49242 address.
Yeah. All that too.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

PatAzo
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PatAzo »

Saturnalia wrote:Just north of White Cloud on Walnut Ave https://www.google.com/maps/@43.5729156 ... a=!3m1!1e3
Yes, a good photo spot for north bounds. How about this one?