Finding An Old Friend

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
Y@
Ass. Janitor

Finding An Old Friend

Unread post by Y@ »

Words can't express how surprised I was to stumble upon the former WAER 223 today. These days it sits, mostly unused, at a grain elevator near Montpelier, Ohio.

The story behind my surprise? This unit just happens to be the first engine I ever watched in action, back in 1996, at the age of two. I hadn't seen the unit since the IHRC sold off the line to the MAW, and I had presumed it was scrapped. This engine holds my earliest, and most cherished memories of first becoming a railfan, and I couldn't be happier to see the engine is still around, in service or not.

And, of course, I had to get a picture with it. Just to add to the memories. :wink:

Bottom text.

cmhfan
Sofa Express

Re: Finding An Old Friend

Unread post by cmhfan »

Nice story there. Neat to read about people's memories, and it gave me the chance to learn a bit about that particular shortline railroad.
Chuck

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

cmhfan wrote:Nice story there. Neat to read about people's memories, and it gave me the chance to learn a bit about that particular shortline railroad.
It's also nice to know that you had you're head on straight as a little boy (What happened? :mrgreen: ) and preferred the real stuff instead of silly tank engines with faces on them.
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

cmhfan
Sofa Express

Unread post by cmhfan »

Jochs wrote:It's also nice to know that you had you're head on straight as a little boy (What happened? :mrgreen: ) and preferred the real stuff instead of silly tank engines with faces on them.
You betcha.
Chuck

pfs
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by pfs »

Nice!

You should model it (if you model).