MySQL connections

Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
~Z~
Sofa King Admin

MySQL connections

Unread post by ~Z~ »

After getting this MySQL error message on and off for the past two days, I just changed how this message board connects to the main database that has all of the forum posts in it. Please let me know if you notice any kind of change in speed, errors, or problems with the shoutbox. Trying some tweaking and hoping this will help those issues.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

is anyone noticing any kind of difference at all? is it running the same for you?
Webmaster

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

funny, I took a screen shot of what it did, but I didn't save it. The shout box looked like it was written in Microsoft word (never a good thing) No formating, just white, with huge font.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

No change here; everything running smoothly.

Glad you know your SQL commands. I administer an aviation forum using UBB threads, and worry about using them. One wrong move, and things can get screwed up in a hurry.
Norm

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

I can use two cans and wire to communicate.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Well, decided to reverse this and back up even further. Turned on in more places what's called "persistant connections." What this is supposed to do is keep you connected to the big MySQL database that holds all the text and information for the message board and gallery.
I'm working within a small window from the host of mine that eats banannas. If too many people are have been accessing the SQL database, we'll get some errors said "error, max connections blah blah blah"
By making your windows persisant, each user should only use one connection, so things might be fine now... Hopefully you won't notice any speed issues.
I also hope this takes care of a problem the host had with us users lately...seems as though if you opened up 30 or more pages on the site within a short time, you got blocked by your IP address, and pretty much were banned from the site... i can think of at least 10 people that this happened to, including MYSELF, recently.
Anyway, let me know if you see any errors come up... keep this email address for reference in case you have problems:
zysegur@hotmail.com
That's an external address that should always work, even when the site goes down.
Webmaster

i995impalass
Yooper Foamer

Unread post by i995impalass »

I had a bit of a thing sending PM about a week ago. It said message could not be sent error Debugging.

Been working great since tho...