Upgrades!

Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Upgrades!

Unread post by ~Z~ »

There's a couple of upgrades in the works. Most might not be too noticeable, but will certainly help my job.

I'm planning on doing an update to the photo gallery...it should look quite a bit the same..maybe no changes..but on the photo uploads, it will automatically resize your photo if it's above 1024 pixels, and then remove the original. Currently, I have to go through the albums every so often and remove the originals, causing some links to be broken, so this should take care of that problem.

Also planning on updating the message board to help cut down on the number of spammers that register..it involves reinstalling the shoutbox and the two themes again, but I should be able to get it done.
Any questions, let me know...
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

GLC 392
TSBY/GLC KID

Unread post by GLC 392 »

does this mean we will have to go through take are photos out and them re-upload them?

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

GLC 392 wrote:does this mean we will have to go through take are photos out and them re-upload them?
No... photos will stay in place if all goes well...I'll be making backup copies right before the upgrade of everything in case anything fails.
Webmaster

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

This is one time I hope he means it when he says NO NO NO NO :D

GLC 392
TSBY/GLC KID

Unread post by GLC 392 »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Scooterb

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Scooterb wrote:This is one time I hope he means it when he says NO NO NO NO :D
ehehehe...yes, all 27000+ photos will be backed up, along with all descriptions and the message board....of course, lets hope I can put it back the way it was should it fail... ugg..i just hope it works right the first time :) usually does..i've only done an upgrade like this once before though...
Webmaster

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Trying the gallery upgrade right now, should be back up shortly.
Webmaster

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Got the gallery back up and running within 30 minutes or so.. took a while after that to understand the new coding to add the POTM back in, and to make the menu changes at the top for linking to the main railroadfan.com and message board. I think everything is set now... please check out the gallery, see if you can upload pics... report any issues you have in this thread please.
http://www.railroadfan.com/gallery/

The search page now has more options... the EXIF information under each photo has some more settings as well.
Webmaster

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Fixed the issue with guests not being able to upload files, and also all videos should now be able to play. Thanks for letting me know about these.
Webmaster

SD40-2
Canada Eh!

Unread post by SD40-2 »

one question Zack....... do you plan to re-up the File Upload from 5 back to 10 or not ?

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

SD40-2 wrote:one question Zack....... do you plan to re-up the File Upload from 5 back to 10 or not ?
Thanks for the note James...bumped from 5 back up to 10. Lots of little settings got reset in the upgrade..let me know if you see anything else.
Webmaster