CSX Michigan Customers Detroit Subdivision

Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

CSX Michigan Customers Detroit Subdivision

Unread post by AARR »

I would like to change a few things in the CSX Michigan Customers Detroit List but would appreciate confirmation before I do:
https://railroadfan.com/wiki/index.php/ ... _Customers
Detroit Subdivision - Plastomer: Their spur has been removed for years now. I would remove them from the list.
Detroit Subdivision - BASF: I have not seen railcars in a long time so I would list inactive
Detroit Subdivision - Iron Mountain: Their spur has been removed for years now. I would remove them from the list.
Detroit Subdivision - Awrey Bakeries: Their switch has been removed for some time now. I would remove them from the list.
Detroit Subdivision - Starky's Construction: This is mislabeled and should read Gutherie Lumber
Detroit Subdivision - Comau Dearborn: I am 99% sure they do not receive rail service and this branch is serviced by CR. I would remove them from the list.
Detroit Subdivision - Kenwall Steel, PVS Nolwood Chemicals, Houghton International Inc. and JSP Resins are serviced by CR. I would remove them from the list.
Detroit Subdivision - Rayco Plating: This is mislabled and should be Fort Iron & Metal.
Detroit Subdivision - Heatbath: Their spur has been removed for years now. I would remove them from the list.

Unless someone is opposed I would like to make the above changes. I will wait a few days to let anyone respond.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CSX Michigan Customers Detroit Subdivision

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

BASF is contractual basis so they only get cars when they have a contract

Awry’s is closing for good if nobody saves them again by the end of this month so it’s safe to say they are toast

Middbelt Yard is a transload center and you have another lumberyard next to it.

Guthrie gets cars, West Win gets cars. You have the truss place and Valsssis across from BASF that gets cars

Padnos will most likely be a customer soon

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Re: CSX Michigan Customers Detroit Subdivision

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

I always enjoy keeping a lookout for boxcars at Vlassis’ spur when motoring westbound on I-96. Often, 3 boxcars are spotted there at a time.