Board Question

Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
chapmaja
Railroadfan...fan

Board Question

Unread post by chapmaja »

Does anyone have a problem like this when typing messages on here?

Often times when I am trying to type messages on this board it all but stops my computer. This seems to be the only website I have this problem with. When I have process explorer running at the same time is shows iexplorer.exe using close to 50% of the CPU. When I have this problem I get about 1 letter every 1/4 second showing up on the screen even when typing much much faster?

The only solution I have found seems to be to shut down iexplorer.exe and restart it, which is a major hassle.

I have to use iexplorer for work so using firefox or another browser is not really practical.

J T
Hates Supper

Re: Board Question

Unread post by J T »

Over 4000 posts and I've never had that happen once. Your computer hates you. :wink:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

cnw8835
Grain Train Fetish LOLZ

Unread post by cnw8835 »

I've had that happen before but only when my computer has several other processes running as well. Have you tried using Firefox running in IE mode?

amtrak1007
MP 25 Productions Co-Founder

Unread post by amtrak1007 »

sounds like an over taxed processor to me. Try rebooting and that should fix the issues when that happens.