Avatars and Usernames

Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser
Posts: 4093
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:42 pm
Location: Dehli Twp
Contact:

Re: Avatars and Usernames

Unread post by CAT345C »

amtrak1007 wrote:
CAT345C wrote:The Uh Oh one makes me feel special
Is it just as special as it makes the muskeegon guy feel?
It makes me itchy
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

User avatar
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd
Posts: 32140
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:39 pm
Location: Washington, MI

Re: Avatars and Usernames

Unread post by AARR »

It's been a while and there are some newbies here so please know that there is a policy that your username and avatar should match.

For example, my username is AARR and my avatar is an AA FA2. See, the AA is the connection.

Without picking on anyone in particular but so that there is an understanding an example of doing it incorrectly is having a username of PlymouthStationGuy then having a picture of a CN steam engine. These are not compatible. In this case if PSG and Michael swap avatars and Michael changes is name to CN Steam Guy it will be more appropriate.

Or having a username of J T and a picture of whoknowswhat. For J T a picture of the Grammar Nazi would be a better fit.

If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will assist you become compliant. Thanks!
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan
Posts: 709
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:55 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL
Contact:

Re: Avatars and Usernames

Unread post by legostudios34 »

Mr. AARR,

Is it alright if I have a picture of myself as my avatar?

Sincerely,
The one and only Legostudios34
Baxter Barnes. 21. Alabama.
Meow. Now you know how to speak cat. -Flickr
Image

User avatar
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd
Posts: 32140
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:39 pm
Location: Washington, MI

Re: Avatars and Usernames

Unread post by AARR »

legostudios34 wrote:Mr. AARR,

Is it alright if I have a picture of myself as my avatar?

Sincerely,
The one and only Legostudios34
Thank you for asking permission. Yes, in your case some leniency is granted because you have a lego in your Signature so the connection is made and the avatar of yourself is fine.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

User avatar
Norm
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 1845
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:03 am
Location: Waterford, MI

Re: Avatars and Usernames

Unread post by Norm »

AARR wrote:It's been a while and there are some newbies here so please know that there is a policy that your username and avatar should match.

For example, my username is AARR and my avatar is an AA FA2. See, the AA is the connection.

Without picking on anyone in particular but so that there is an understanding an example of doing it incorrectly is having a username of PlymouthStationGuy then having a picture of a CN steam engine. These are not compatible. In this case if PSG and Michael swap avatars and Michael changes is name to CN Steam Guy it will be more appropriate.

Or having a username of J T and a picture of whoknowswhat. For J T a picture of the Grammar Nazi would be a better fit.

If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will assist you become compliant. Thanks!
If I read your first post correctly I would have to post a scene from "Cheers". :roll:
Norm

User avatar
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd
Posts: 32140
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:39 pm
Location: Washington, MI

Re: Avatars and Usernames

Unread post by AARR »

Norm wrote:If I read your first post correctly I would have to post a scene from "Cheers". :roll:
Yes, a picture of "Norm" from Cheers would be very appropriate. Or you could change your username to "RR Crossing Sign". I am pleased to see you understand the policy :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

User avatar
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat
Posts: 13900
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:54 pm
Location: Michigan's Copper Country
Contact:

Re: Avatars and Usernames

Unread post by Saturnalia »

@AARR: Didn't you know JT's avatar is GLLX 3001?

However, I concur that a picture of a squirrel would be more appropriate since he spends so much time in trees.

User avatar
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan
Posts: 5308
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Avatars and Usernames

Unread post by Ypsi »

MQT3001 wrote: However, I concur that a picture of a squirrel would be more appropriate since he spends so much time in trees.
Please so not suggest other members profile pictures until yours is "in order" thank you :twisted: :wink:
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

User avatar
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd
Posts: 32140
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:39 pm
Location: Washington, MI

Re: Avatars and Usernames

Unread post by AARR »

MQT3001 wrote:@AARR: Didn't you know JT's avatar is GLLX 3001?

However, I concur that a picture of a squirrel would be more appropriate since he spends so much time in trees.
Yes I did :wink:

And as Ypsi said get your house in order before telling other people what to do. Perhaps a nice picture of MQT 3001 or change your username to Mr Fantastic

One of my favorites :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 4718
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:28 am
Location: Marysville, Michigan

Re: Avatars and Usernames

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

AARR wrote:...or change your username to Mr Fantastic
Nice! That might fit his posting persona a little better than his current username... :shock:

User avatar
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat
Posts: 13900
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:54 pm
Location: Michigan's Copper Country
Contact:

Re: Avatars and Usernames

Unread post by Saturnalia »

MKT_fan11 wrote:
AARR wrote:...or change your username to Mr Fantastic
Nice! That might fit his posting persona a little better than his current username... :shock:
If I didn't want my YouTube username to match my username here, I'd have Zack make me D&M 381. But I want them to match, so I'm going to stay MQT3001, which doesn't exist, so I can't get pictures of it.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan
Posts: 4718
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:28 am
Location: Marysville, Michigan

Re: Avatars and Usernames

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Photoshop.

59caddy
bag of holding
Posts: 848
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 6:55 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Re: Avatars and Usernames

Unread post by 59caddy »

Sorry, but I intend to post a picture of Google logo as my avatar :P

Should this thread be moved to super long threads? It seems too off-subject and silly to be here. Just my 2-cents :| ......

59caddy
bag of holding
Posts: 848
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 6:55 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Re: Avatars and Usernames

Unread post by 59caddy »

I just realized that my username, rank, avatar image, and signature do not match at all :P :lol:

User avatar
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd
Posts: 32140
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:39 pm
Location: Washington, MI

Re: Avatars and Usernames

Unread post by AARR »

59caddy wrote:I just realized that my username, rank, avatar image, and signature do not match at all :P :lol:
Perhaps you can change either your username or avatar so the match. Your cooperation is appreciated.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

59caddy
bag of holding
Posts: 848
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 6:55 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Re: Avatars and Usernames

Unread post by 59caddy »

AARR wrote:
59caddy wrote:I just realized that my username, rank, avatar image, and signature do not match at all :P :lol:
Perhaps you can change either your username or avatar so the match. Your cooperation is appreciated.
My cooperation is not received :P

59caddy
bag of holding
Posts: 848
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 6:55 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Re: Avatars and Usernames

Unread post by 59caddy »

~Z~'s avatar does not seem to match his username :lol:

User avatar
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd
Posts: 32140
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:39 pm
Location: Washington, MI

Re: Avatars and Usernames

Unread post by AARR »

59caddy wrote:~Z~'s avatar does not seem to match his username :lol:
I suggested an Avatar of an administrative assistant, ~Z~ was not amused :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

User avatar
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat
Posts: 13900
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:54 pm
Location: Michigan's Copper Country
Contact:

Re: Avatars and Monikers

Unread post by Saturnalia »

AARR wrote:
railroadfan wrote:
AARR wrote:Could everyone please make sure your Avatars and User Names match.
If that's the case, why do you have a picture of TrainWatcher as your avatar? Least you could do is not be a hypocrite.
Image
I have been sabatoged :lol:
Probably the best 3 posts here. :lol: :twisted:

User avatar
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat
Posts: 13900
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:54 pm
Location: Michigan's Copper Country
Contact:

Re: Avatars and Usernames

Unread post by Saturnalia »

I still like my D&M 381, so AARR will not get his "balance". And with all those posts, how can he claim balance? He has 10% of the board's posts. That is NOT balanced :wink:

Post Reply