Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Avatars and Monikers

Unread post by AARR »

OwlCaboose2853 wrote:Don, Well, it is from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moniker, Not good idea about a moniker - it is prohibited conduct. http://spamtrackers.eu/wiki/index.php?title=Moniker
Ok, some of you want to play semantics to steer Zack and I off course but I will not be distracted. Please stick to the subject, gentlemen. Thank you for your cooperation.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Y@ wrote:I always wondered if Don hung out with some of the locals in Fostoria... :lol:
As a matter of fact there's an elderly lady who thinks she owns the diamonds that I have a beer with from time to time. She supports this cause 100%!
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

Moniker: Didn't Courtney Cox play her on Friends?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Don, just when I thought you couldn't get any more irrelevent.... :)

But I do have a question, what does a PSG look like? :D And SW? Is it a 700/900/1200/1500.....

ns8401
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ns8401 »

TrainWatcher wrote:Don, just when I thought you couldn't get any more irrelevent.... :)

But I do have a question, what does a PSG look like? :D And SW? Is it a 700/900/1200/1500.....
It's a 1001 and DON'T YOU FORGET IT :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Celebrating Over 3800 Posts in HD
This updated Signature Brought To YOU By The One The Only MQT3001!
NS8401, Online, At Trackside And On Your Side

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

TrainWatcher wrote:Don, just when I thought you couldn't get any more irrelevent.... :)

As a matter of fact I can be much more irrelevant than thatw Don Simon ever was.

And here's the latter...
ImageImage

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

It has been suggested that I remind everyone again the importance of having Avatars and User Names that match.

For example, and I am not singling any one out, this is just a random example, if your User Name is ConRail somethingorother then your Avatar should be something of ConRail. Not BNSF, not UP, not a kitty kat.

If your User Name is, say W@, and again I am not singling any one out, perhaps you could use an Avatar of another symbol such as "#" or "%" or "&". I am just saying.

You will have a firm but generous amount of time to make your corrections.

Thank you for your cooperation :)

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

I see no reason why people's avatars and user names have to match. Remember when I had a Santa Fe FP45 as my avatar? I might just go change it back now.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

AARR wrote:It has been suggested that I remind everyone again the importance of having Avatars and User Names that match.

For example, and I am not singling any one out, this is just a random example, if your User Name is ConRail somethingorother then your Avatar should be something of ConRail. Not BNSF, not UP, not a kitty kat.

If your User Name is, say W@, and again I am not singling any one out, perhaps you could use an Avatar of another symbol such as "#" or "%" or "&". I am just saying.

You will have a firm but generous amount of time to make your corrections.

Thank you for your cooperation :)
I think ZACK this need to be moved into Super-Long section.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Could everyone please make sure your Avatars and User Names match.

Again, I am not singling anyone out, but if your username is "Crow T Robot", you should have an Avatar of the robot and not the GN mountain goat.

And more than a few of you seem to pick kitty kat Avatars but use railroad usernames. Decide which theme you want to go with and be consistent. In fact, here is a great Avatar for RRFanAdmin
You see, Username = RRFanAdmin and Avatar = Administrator. It is balanced. :) Not that there is anything wrong with kitty kats but if you prefer then you could change your username to Cat somethingother and keep the cat Avatar. Just saying guys...

Thank you for your cooperation

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

AARR wrote:Could everyone please make sure your Avatars and User Names match.
If that's the case, why do you have a picture of TrainWatcher as your avatar? Least you could do is not be a hypocrite.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

railroadfan wrote:
AARR wrote:Could everyone please make sure your Avatars and User Names match.
If that's the case, why do you have a picture of TrainWatcher as your avatar? Least you could do is not be a hypocrite.
I have been sabatoged :lol:
BTW - TW will be offended :wink:

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

What if I don't have any MQT 3001 photos? What if I have 0 MQT pictures? I'm nice and won't steal anybody's photo...
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Sounds like you should've made your user name SOOLineSD60 then.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Conrail Jon wrote:Sounds like you should've made your user name SOOLineSD60 then.
I did it to have the same User name on both things. The SOO line shot is the best screenshot from my channel besides Episode 4. I also like the SOO line one because it had 2 SOO SD60s, with one painted in Hockey Stick Livery and the other in Candy Apple Red. Nice photo for a little video camera (moving at that time to)
Last edited by Saturnalia on Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

I'll be cooperative AARR. :lol: :lol: :lol: ---------------------->
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

DT&I wrote:I'll be cooperative AARR. :lol: :lol: :lol: ---------------------->
Thank you DT&I :wink: Now you do not have to worry about RRFanAdmin SABOTAGING your Avatar :roll:

GR Ron
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GR Ron »

I did not hear anyone say "Simon Says" :lol:
GR Ron

tsinoms
Adult Gerber Baby

Unread post by tsinoms »

Ok so what do I do about mine??? Mine is not railroad related nor real words... hmmm....
This is my life. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

If this is a problem get used to it.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

GR Ron wrote:I did not hear anyone say "Simon Says" :lol:
"Simon Says" is Mrs AARR :oops: Maybe I should say "Simple Simon" says please :wink: