website server upgrade

Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
~Z~
Sofa King Admin

website server upgrade

Unread post by ~Z~ »

I'm having the website moved to what sounds like a faster server and better access. It's still with the same company, but has much larger storage space and transfer limits. There could be a slight downtime, but they assured me it would be quite quick, done at night.... we'll see how this goes, and i'll keep you all updated.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Site got upgraded...seems to be running fine as far as I can tell. Looks like they ran the transfer around 4-5am. For any those who worried at all that the site couldn't handle all the pics or videos that you've sent in, worries can be relieved. We went from a storage capacity of 5 Gigabytes, to 1 Terabyte, which is 1000 Gigabytes. We're currently using about .04% of our storage capacity. So far, access speeds seem to be faster browsing the message board and galleries as well, but then again, it is 7am, not exactly a busy time.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com