Forum degeneration

Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Forum degeneration

Unread post by Norm »

When I joined this forum a couple of years ago it was primarily railroad dedicated.

Now, it seems to be primarily political.

Time for a 'time out'.

I'm with TSB in that I have read the last posts of some of the members. Tired of hearing BS.
Norm

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: Forum degeneration

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Norm wrote:When I joined this forum a couple of years ago it was primarily railroad dedicated.
Now, it seems to be primarily political.
Time for a 'time out'.
I'm with TSB in that I have read the last posts of some of the members. Tired of hearing BS.
I'm going to move this post from the Political Forum that you posted this on to the Website suggestions area.
The board is still by far railroad dedicated. In the last 18 hours, there were 6 threads that were political in nature out of the 36 total threads that were posted on. If you don't want to read the political type posts, it's easy to stay away from it. Just don't go to the Political / Religious / Extreme(P/R/E) threads that are down at the bottom of the category listings. Heck, if you aren't logged in, you can't even see any of those posts, as I hide that category from non-members.
One has to expect that with the new president being sworn in tomorrow, there's lots of talk going on here. So far, things have stayed relatively calm and I've seen some good discussions going on. Myself and the other two moderators will step in when needed.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

The railroad posts FAR OUT NUMBER the P/R/E posts. Take your timeout but come back soon. As I found out people keep posting even when I'm gone :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Don quit trying to up your posts! :lol:
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

BTW Don a little over 400 more and you will not only be the shortline nerd, you will be the biggest nerd here on the board. :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I'd like to see you chase the MAW on foot :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...