Save Post

Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
PerRock
Railroadfan...fan

Save Post

Unread post by PerRock »

I've noticed that we now have a "save unposted post" feature on the forum. I find that the placement of this button is very annoying; as I seem to hit it every time I mean to press the submit. Would it be possible to either get it removed or placed somewhere else (even off to the side would be better)?

peter
Given the choice; I fly Amtrak.
American Trainz Group

csxt4617
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Save Post

Unread post by csxt4617 »

Ah good, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way ;) At least you don't lose your post, but it is annoying to have to go back and reply a gain, load the post back up, etc.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

I don't think it's a bad option to have, as I remember getting some messages from people that would try to post something, not have time to finish, and wanted a place to store their message before hitting submit.
At least the "Save" button is not in bold, as compared to Preview and Submit... If i relocated it, people would never use it... at least none of the three buttons will erase your post, such as a "Cancel" button. :)
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

As another mention, if you accidentally hit save, it then asks if you want to save or not...just hit the button that says "NO" and you go right back to your message you were typing.
Webmaster

PerRock
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PerRock »

I don't think I've expierenced the "do you want to" screen yet...

peter

Edit: just purposely hit save when posting this and got it.

I'd be in favor of just switching it with the Submit button. Most forums I see have the Submit button on the left side then Preview on either the right or center; just throws me for a loop every time I post.

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

When it says that it only saves text will it save the IMG codes? or will those magically disappear?
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Mike Tabone wrote:When it says that it only saves text will it save the IMG codes? or will those magically disappear?
The IMG codes will stay...i think it just doesn't save polls so far as I've noticed.
Webmaster

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

I don't get it. Why is it so hard to hit the bold 'submit' button instead of the not-bold 'save' button. Every time I start to hit the 'save' button, I see that it doesn't say 'submit' and don't hit it... At the risk of coming across like a jerk, are you actually looking at the buttons you hit before you hit them?
~ Charles W.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

PerRock wrote:
I'd be in favor of just switching it with the Submit button. Most forums I see have the Submit button on the left side then Preview on either the right or center; just throws me for a loop every time I post.
Submit should always be on the right. There are a couple of forums that I've seen that have them on the left and I find that rather annoying. You read left to right, so it's only natural that a button that finalizes what you've just said is on the right.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.